The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Very frequent crashes (Error CE-34878-0)

kibukj
kibukj
✭✭
Since the Shadows of the Hist update I've had very frequent crashes, with error CE-34878-0, mostly in dungeons.

By very frequent I mean at least once per dungeon, though usually more than once, and one time in Imperial City Prison essentially every other fight. That usually means the group has to restart that fight too, so I feel terrible every time it happens.

I haven't heard of this happening so much to other players, so maybe this is a special issue on my end with the newest update?

Outside of dungeons or similar (happened in Dragonstar Arena too) crashing is much rarer, besides one time in Elden Root I can't think of when it has happened. So I may just have to take a break from dungeons :pensive:

But if anyone else has this issue that would at least be reassuring :p and even better if there's anything I can do to fix things. Following advice in another thread here about freezing issues I deleted the save data on my system and the copy PSN keeps, but though things like preferences were reset, it didn't seem to help this issue at all.

I report the issue on the screen that shows up when it crashes, but I am not sure if ZOS sees anything from that or if that is just for Sony?

Thanks to anyone who has any ideas!
PSN: kibukj
Character: Mokohshi (Khajiiti healer, Mages Guild research assistant)
  • LovesLost13
    This Error is on multiple games and not just Elder Scrolls. But anyways I was having this issue tons but..I put in a ticket. They didn't do anything "or so it would seem" but after that I never crashed in a dungeon yet.. sooo.. lucky? Perhaps. This Error most likely occurs when a code in a game has a hiccup and then they blame you for not updating the game. Soooo.. Sony's issue mostly.
  • kibukj
    kibukj
    ✭✭
    This Error is on multiple games and not just Elder Scrolls. But anyways I was having this issue tons but..I put in a ticket. They didn't do anything "or so it would seem" but after that I never crashed in a dungeon yet.. sooo.. lucky? Perhaps. This Error most likely occurs when a code in a game has a hiccup and then they blame you for not updating the game. Soooo.. Sony's issue mostly.

Hm, I have kind of gathered that its a very generic error, and so its not very helpful to figure out the real problem... apparently its about "corrupt data" like you mention when code "hiccups", so other players in-game have suggested I try re-downloading ESO.

I have managed to get through a few dungeons without crashing, but I am not sure if that's just luck or maybe the problem only happens in certain dungeons.

I think I will try and re-download the game like those people suggested, since it does seem to be just me that's having so much of an issue, at least nobody I have met in-game has been crashing so frequently!

Thank you LovesLost13 :)
    PSN: kibukj
    Character: Mokohshi (Khajiiti healer, Mages Guild research assistant)
  • Riswa
    Riswa
    lots of new type of crashes in cyrodiil some old ones fixed. I was told by help that I need to restart to fix the issue but I do that about once per hour because of the crashes. I have heard the American server is much better than the Euro server. Seems Euro management is unable to fix issues. Euro has more maintenance as well.
  • Kratos11911
    just ce crashed in mol at final boss, when i got back to the game boss was down and i got no loot neither i got quest complete. thank you game