Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Invalid Client + The Launcher wont' update

monkeyblur
A little message before i start ,
This problem a bit complicated to me so i try to tell ever detail that i've countered and also , my english is not very good so pardon me.

I've been struggling this problem since 2 weeks ago and still irritates me A LOT

Whenever i open the launcher and the play button is there , i clicked it and the game runs BUT the problem is i cant log in because it says "INVALID CLIENT"
So i closed the game and re-open the launcher and this time i try to update my game but i didn't do anything. the play button keep reappearing quickly everytime i clicked "Check for updates"

I've done some research like deleteing some files so the launcher will re-download it but then again , the launcher didn't do anything. the play button still keeps appearing.
So i decided to Repairing my game this time. After Veryfying the files (which also takes a time -__- ) the launcher suddenly redownloading about 20GB or even more !! , So i stopped the process and this time i try to uninstall AND redownloading THE WHOLE GAME.

Okay , this one fixed the problem and also i decided to backup the game so this problem will not appearing again.
Guess what ? i'm wrong

After a few days later , when i open the launcher i suddenly receiving another error that says "Patch Error Manifest 209" and "Patch error Manifest 210" . I realized my connection is off but then it turns back on , so i restart the launcher and the error still keeps appearing. Finally , i try to re-copying my files that i have already backup a couple days ago and ? the invalid Client error reappearing again.

I've been doing the same thing over and over again in a whole weeks. I don't wanna redownloading the whole game again.

Any ideas what is going on ?
Zenimax needs to work with this launcher and client problem.

Best Answer

• Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    monkeyblur wrote: »
    Jimboo84 wrote: »

Does it make any difference if you teleport to a dungeon or walk into the dungeon?
    If it doesn't work I'd suggest fill in a support ticket, and tell you tried when you've disabled the add-ons and it still fails.
    I'm happy I could help you with the first issue at least.

I'm just trying to enter the dungeon with walking , but i'm guessing it is gonna be the same result anyway.
    I think i'm gonna submit a ticket anyway

But speaking the first problem , yeah I really thank you for that. hope I didn't see that errors again

I guess it will be the same result indeed, but it's something you can try, more description for the Support team.
    Wait for the next patch, let's hope you don't get the issues again! And, you're welcome!
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
    Answer ✓
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    This problem a bit complicated to me so i try to tell ever detail that i've countered and also , my english is not very good so pardon me.

I've been struggling this problem since 2 weeks ago and still irritates me A LOT

Whenever i open the launcher and the play button is there , i clicked it and the game runs BUT the problem is i cant log in because it says "INVALID CLIENT"
    So i closed the game and re-open the launcher and this time i try to update my game but i didn't do anything. the play button keep reappearing quickly everytime i clicked "Check for updates"

I've done some research like deleteing some files so the launcher will re-download it but then again , the launcher didn't do anything. the play button still keeps appearing.
    So i decided to Repairing my game this time. After Veryfying the files (which also takes a time -__- ) the launcher suddenly redownloading about 20GB or even more !! , So i stopped the process and this time i try to uninstall AND redownloading THE WHOLE GAME.

Okay , this one fixed the problem and also i decided to backup the game so this problem will not appearing again.
    Guess what ? i'm wrong

After a few days later , when i open the launcher i suddenly receiving another error that says "Patch Error Manifest 209" and "Patch error Manifest 210" . I realized my connection is off but then it turns back on , so i restart the launcher and the error still keeps appearing. Finally , i try to re-copying my files that i have already backup a couple days ago and ? the invalid Client error reappearing again.

I've been doing the same thing over and over again in a whole weeks. I don't wanna redownloading the whole game again.

Any ideas what is going on ?
    Zenimax needs to work with this launcher and client problem.

I've experienced the "INVALID CLIENT" error message when starting the eso64.exe file, while your game is not fully patched.
    Therefor I needed to start the eso 32-bit version, update the game, and startup eso64.exe again and it works fine. I don't know if your case is the same.
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • monkeyblur
    I've experienced the "INVALID CLIENT" error message when starting the eso64.exe file, while your game is not fully patched.
    Therefor I needed to start the eso 32-bit version, update the game, and startup eso64.exe again and it works fine. I don't know if your case is the same.

unfortunately it didn't apply to me :(
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭

unfortunately it didn't apply to me :(

I'm sorry it didn't help mate.

I get sometimes "Patch Error Manifest 209", but this was right after applying a new patch to ESO. And I've seen this error months ago.
    Once I had the issue that the Launcher version was mismatched, so I needed to download it from my ESO account. After fully deleting ESO. Make sure everything is deleted after applying the procedure via Control Panel/Uninstall.

1. Uninstall via Control Panel
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete ESO folder in your User Documents and the Zenimax folder in ProgramFiles.
    4. Download the ESO Launcher from your ESO account
    5. Install, and hope for the best...

I know this download is huge... I did it once, and was really annoyed by this. But afterwards I've never had issues related to the Launcher or Version mismatch again.

Did you contact Zenimax already? If so, what did they reply?

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After Veryfying the files (which also takes a time -__- ) the launcher suddenly redownloading about 20GB or even more !! , So i stopped the process and this time i try to uninstall AND redownloading THE WHOLE GAME.

You should not have stopped that 20GB download, it was the update from last week.

Also, the XBOX1 servers may be experience some load as another update went out recently for the Xbox1, but this is a small update. However I have concern about you stopping the 20GB update, but maybe you got that sorted when you downloaded the whole game again.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• monkeyblur

I get sometimes "Patch Error Manifest 209", but this was right after applying a new patch to ESO. And I've seen this error months ago.
    Once I had the issue that the Launcher version was mismatched, so I needed to download it from my ESO account. After fully deleting ESO. Make sure everything is deleted after applying the procedure via Control Panel/Uninstall.

2. Reboot
    3. Delete ESO folder in your User Documents and the Zenimax folder in ProgramFiles.

I know this download is huge... I did it once, and was really annoyed by this. But afterwards I've never had issues related to the Launcher or Version mismatch again.

Yeah I've done research about using launcher about using Launcher from ESO account rather than using it from steam so I uninstall the game but i'm not using it via Control Panel , only from the old launcher
    Edited by monkeyblur on August 31, 2016 1:34AM
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭

2. Reboot

Yeah I've done research about using launcher about using Launcher from ESO account rather than using it from steam so I uninstall the game but i'm not using it via Control Panel , only from the old launcher

Your comment looks like a bit empty. :wink:
  • monkeyblur

So I've done what you did , I uninstall the whole game and the game is runs perfectly.
    And I have encounter another problem ,

Everytime I go to the dungeon , the game kicks me off in to the log in screen with error
    "An Error Has accured , please try again in a few moments"

is this because the recent patch ?
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭

So I've done what you did , I uninstall the whole game and the game is runs perfectly.
    And I have encounter another problem ,

Everytime I go to the dungeon , the game kicks me off in to the log in screen with error
    "An Error Has accured , please try again in a few moments"

is this because the recent patch ?

I had this issue only once, but that time I was already IN the dungeon, so passed the Loading Screen.
    Is the problem applicable to one or all dungeons?

With the latest patch I have I don't experience this problem.
  • monkeyblur

I had this issue only once, but that time I was already IN the dungeon, so passed the Loading Screen.

I try to enter 3 different dungeons and the error still the same. It kicks me off.
    Even I turn off all the addons.
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭

I try to enter 3 different dungeons and the error still the same. It kicks me off.
    Even I turn off all the addons.

Hmm, without add-ons it should normally work for sure.

Does it make any difference if you teleport to a dungeon or walk into the dungeon?
    If it doesn't work I'd suggest fill in a support ticket, and tell you tried when you've disabled the add-ons and it still fails.
  • monkeyblur

I'm just trying to enter the dungeon with walking , but i'm guessing it is gonna be the same result anyway.
    I think i'm gonna submit a ticket anyway

But speaking the first problem , yeah I really thank you for that. hope I didn't see that errors again