The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP xp and gold gain

Calboy
Calboy
✭✭✭✭✭
To cut to the chase. I only pvp, it's the only reason I play this game. Pve sux. However the xp and gold gain is horrible in cyrodiil. How am I suppose to gain champion ranks and earn gold without grinding mobs? I want to be able to farm players and earn a respectable amount of income. Maybe some adjustments could be made to help out PvPers so we don't have to leave cyrodiil. Thanks!
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell gold mats for ap and I'll be fine with earning zero gold from pvp
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Lolimsopro
    Always wondered, how do you get the most AP in Cyrodiil?

If i only tank with DK, "none" dps, do i get as much AP as a NB/Sorc that bursts and lasthits?
    How does this really work?

Someone pls quote me a dummy guide.
    Thanks.
    PSN: Lol-Im-So-Pro
    PS4 EU | Aldmeri Dominion
    Fire mage | Dark Elf | Veteran
    Master Crafter
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of trade guilds use tel var exchange rates. Meaning they calculated how much tel var is against gold. So ideally you could farm IC, and exchange an IC set purchase for a set amount of gold.

You'd have to ask trade guilds or trusted zone sources the current rate or what sets are hot right now.

You can also make potions. Some go for 6k for around a half stack.

And decon everything, sell the mats, pick up expensive flowers, farm dolmens, etc.

Anyone else have advice?
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most PvErs that want to level fast come to Cyrodill for XP, to grind the Delves!!

Gold I get ya, however the methods in Cyro or PvE are similar, get trading, selling mob loot / ROTW etc, writs. You will need to pop out for 10 mins a day but it's all profitable.

Gold items from the leaderboards sell for 100k+ so PvP a couple of them and sell = Profit
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wish PvP gave more gold. I so poor I can't craft or buy new armor or make my latest armor yellow. It sucks.

I wish at the end of the campaign everyone participating would be a millionaire so we could buy the stuff we want just so we can do what we want. And that is PvP.

I don't want the hassle of doing PvE, crafting, gathering and so on. I just want to jump in, PvP and quit when it has been enough.

I love the game. But PvE is boring. I have all crafting maxed (at 8 traits because again I don't have the gold to do the 9th trait because they are to expensive to waste money on)

At least let us buy (anything) with AP then.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gold isnt important, as long as you got your health
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

• NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use your AP to purchase Akaviri Motifs. They sell very well!!
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really is a shame how poor us soldiers are. But isn't that just like real life? I rely on the generosity of my friends and pve'rs. :blush:
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell Akaviri, Tel Var sets and Lich
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tips for you ...

- The kill 20 quests, with enlightenment and an XP scroll will net you more than 100K XP. Never turn one in before you sign off for the night. Turn it in when you first start for the enlightenment bonus.
    - Sell your PVP rewards. Vicious Death anything is a good seller. Also, items with divines sell well. Don't bother selling things like a "marksman's axe". Nobody wants an axe for a bow set.

Sadly, there are very few ways to earn gold and XP at a rate similar to PVE. I make sure to try and spend 2-4 hours a week in PVE land to pay for my PVP hours. If you have to PVE I recommend finding a grinding spot or location pattern that you can cover in a half hour before boredom sets in.

Last night I did the Kvatch Arena and Limesauraus twice each before porting to Old Orsinium to kill bears.

Final haul: 2 motifs, 120 rubedo, 2 Champion Points in about an hour. I added the rubedo to my pile and have a stack of 200 on sale for 16k. The motifs will sell for a few thousand each. All in all I'll end up with about 20k of gold for an hour of biting the bullet in PVE land.
  • Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    In a pinch you can always convert AP to Gold buying and re-selling filled grand soul gems to the dealer for 25 AP : 1 Gold
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it sure would be nice for 30 day campaigns if the 2nd and 3rd place alliances received some kind of purple gear at tier 3...

have 6 characters, 2 each side on same campaign - made 92k at end of campaign...

some of the pvp gear (transmutation, VD, fury, etc) sells okay using guild traders...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place