Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Looking for a Maelstrom Win StamBlade

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I had been stuck at the 5th round for awhile and like a dummy, I abandoned the quest. Then I was stuck at the second round all week til last nite the stars lined up and I finally beat the centurion thugs. What an awesome feeling it was when they were below 25% health and I could execute them with killers blade and I KNEW I was going to finally beat the level.

I have been playing on my stamblade Orc max CP, 308 skill point, DW/Bow...everything gold but jewelry. I used Nitemothers, Endurance, Skoria, and Leki's axe&1H Mace both sharpened...I think crusher enchants and stamina wrothgar food. I also have 3 piece agility robust...did not seem to help me. I made a stack of Sustained Restore Health potions and they are pretty good I think.

It has never felt like I'm not hitting hard enough. All the adds are easily taken out in one or two hits; i burn the bosses down quick in first cycle then run out of resources and the spinning blade dots overwhelm me. That's why I switched to more stamina recovery build as vigor spamming was quite draining. I tried using the resto staff, but heals from it were really bad on my stam class and I kind of need the bow for dots. Then I tried bone shield. Bone shield sucks. It's expensive and doesn't absorb much damage as it's based on health.

So, my final winning combo was

Refreshing path->endless hail->caltrops->shades->mirage ulti Bolstering Darkness Swap Bloodthirst->surprise attack->killers blade->relentless focus->vigor ulti Flawless Dawnbreaker

Surprise attack is supposed to activate shadow barrier passive, but it often doesn't seem to do it. But shades does quite reliably and the help add a little DPS. Refreshing path is not very good heal, but the speed boost is nice, and I'm not using magic for much else anyways. Mirage...well I don't need shuffle with it and using magic instead of my stamina is a big plus. Also I can be standing still and sometimes get a dodge from the spinning blades.

Tonight I'll start working on the third round and see how far I get. Trying to limit myself to 45 minutes of frustration at a time.

• SASKIY
    SASKIY
    ✭✭
    If you were AD you could probably beat it no problem but your one of those DC
  • ostrapz
    ostrapz
    ✭✭✭
    Siphoning attacks will help your resources by a lot, blood craze is a nice dot and a 1k heal a second, steel tornade would save you stam and keep some aoe , poison inject is a must in pve, the dot damage from it is amazing. As a stamblade who was stuck on 4th for months and just got my best score of 410k last night id syggest putting these skills in and removing the following. Caltrops because of the resiurce drain, refreshing path cuz its heal is outmatched by craze and you get speed from bow dodge roll. Shades and mirage is a bit redudant as well. Throw on shuffle if need be. Also take off bloodthirst and keep suprise attack. Until you get maelstrom 1h weps suprise attack should be your main dps. Also if you can fit trap beast in its great damage boost. I know you didnt really ask for help but if you can get that far running those skills this setup will probably get you much farther.
    Xbox 1 NA
    Stamblade: Grand overlord
    Stamsorc: Major
    Magplar: Centurion
    551k vma
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the tips. It was probably those skills that got me to the 5th level before and my current setup why I'm struggling badly now. And it's not working so great in the 3rd round either.