The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What do I need to learn pact style.

R4GEASAURUS_REX
I'm thinking about buying the pact style out of the crown store for 5500 points but my question is this. What do I need to accomplish to be able to use it!? Can I put it on all ready made gear?

Best Answer

• Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you cannot change the style of gear after it is created.

You'd need a style material for each and every piece of gear you craft in that style. For Pact style this means Dragon Scute, purchased from siege vendors or Tel Var vendors through a character who is a member of the Pact alliance (unless you also want to purchase Crown Mimic Stones for each piece of gear).

You'll also need the refined materials for blacksmithing/clothing/woodworking, a gem for each item suited to the trait you wish the item to have, and upgrade materials to improve item quality (mentioned not to be insulting, but because it sounds like you're very new to the notion of crafting in ESO).

The type of questions you're asking here make it seem like you're so new to crafting that you'd be better off holding off on such a significant monetary investment and learning a bit about crafting first. I suggest you start with the basic styles (the blue racial motifs) for which you can easily find the full style book in game or purchase for 250-500 gold each from guild traders. If you want to make sets, you'll also be investing several months learning traits for each weapon/piece of armor.

P.S. Also, I'm not sure about the ones purchased with crowns, but many of the rare styles require you to have a relatively high investment of skill points in the material tiers in at least one of the material crafts (blacksmithing, clothing, woodworking) before you can learn the style.
    Edited by Tevalaur on August 28, 2016 6:43AM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
    Answer ✓
  • R4GEASAURUS_REX
    Ty for you're help here. I'm very new to the game. Thank you again.
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    P.S. Also, I'm not sure about the ones purchased with crowns, but many of the rare styles require you to have a relatively high investment of skill points in the material tiers in at least one of the material crafts (blacksmithing, clothing, woodworking) before you can learn the style.

If you buy a style package from the Crown store you can immediately craft in that style, regardless from your crafting level. This is different from the found pages which usually require lvl. 9 in the crafting passive.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Each motif purchased from the Crown Store comes with a certain number of mimic stones, so you'll be able to have a crafter learn the motif right away (since there is no level associated with the Crown Store motifs) and create gear with the included mimic stones.

However, since you are new, I agree that it would be better for you to wait on spending 50 bucks in the Crown Store for a rare motif, even if you can craft it right away. Why, because the gear you craft will be quickly out-leveled and you probably wouldn't be able to put traits on all the gear and create sets (which rely on the number of traits known in order to craft).
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus it's a lot cheaper to just buy the motifs and style material from guild traders if you have the gold.
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on September 1, 2016 9:04AM
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pact pages can be found for around 2-3k each right now. way cheaper than spending crowns on it.