Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rubedite Ore refining doesn't give extractions(normal or bugged)

Jimboo84
Jimboo84
✭✭✭
I've refined 120 pieces of Rubedite Ore 2 minutes ago. I didn't get anything.
Supposed to be now?
Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think they shadownerfed the drop rates on all of the top tier raw mats.

ive been buying lower level ore and getting the usual amounts of alloys. same with wood and clothing.

• Hekaterin
    Hekaterin
    ✭✭✭
    Funnily enough I feel like I've had better luck recently - like 3-4 alloys from 200 rubedite ore some days ago. I guess it's all just rng :/
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I felt the exact same with Rubitrite yesterday. All the others felt normal.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    Hekaterin wrote: »
    Funnily enough I feel like I've had better luck recently - like 3-4 alloys from 200 rubedite ore some days ago. I guess it's all just rng :/

I know it's random. But with 120 pieces I didn't get any style, tannins, ... == weird. The day before I've got tons of items.
    It's not weird though for regarding the Legendary pieces.
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    120 mats is way too small sample. Next time have a bit more, like hundred times more.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your saying you did not get any Ore? Or you just did not get any other mats like Tempers and Traits etc?

I have refined more than 100 raw mats a few times and did not get anything but the refined metals back. So, now, if I don't get any Tempers/Misc Mats at all in the first 3 Refines, I leave the station. If I get Tempers by the first two or three refines, I will go ahead and do the stack, at least until I get my Gold Temper, then I leave the station. Even if I have more to refine.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Your saying you did not get any Ore? Or you just did not get any other mats like Tempers and Traits etc?

I have refined more than 100 raw mats a few times and did not get anything but the refined metals back. So, now, if I don't get any Tempers/Misc Mats at all in the first 3 Refines, I leave the station. If I get Tempers by the first two or three refines, I will go ahead and do the stack, at least until I get my Gold Temper, then I leave the station. Even if I have more to refine.

I refined ore, the raw material. Normally I always get something. Even with 120 pieces I got a lot before.
    After this Ore refinement I refined Ash Wood, and I did get a lot back in those +- 140 pieces.

I never experienced having nothing with 120 pieces refining raw Ore.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I meant Refined Metal as an extraction.

It has happened to me too many times where I refine a stack of ore and only get refined mats back. This is why I won't keep banging my head against the crafting station if I don't get any Tempers back in the first three operations. Because, past experience tells me I will get little to nothing for the rest of the stack.

I just come back another time, even if its just a minute later.

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's another post that was talking about tempers not dropping while in Orsinium. Where were you when this happens? I do all my refining in Rawllha and have gotten tons of things from Rubedite ranging from trait stones to Tempering alloys.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Robbmrp

I do most of my Refining in Wrothgar, and I get plenty of Tempers. Well, except the times when I get none and I quit after 3.

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    @Robbmrp

I do most of my Refining in Wrothgar, and I get plenty of Tempers. Well, except the times when I get none and I quit after 3.

@Nestor good to know. I use Rawl as my base of operations to it's always second nature to port back there to refine.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh I do everything in Rawl also, I just like being there the best & its the easiest to me. Its weird the other day I refined like 400ish rubedite and didnt get one tempering alloy, only maybe 2 purples. Last night I refined 63 and got 3 tempering alloys hahahah. RNG baby
    Edited by undefeatdgaul on August 31, 2016 8:49PM
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, RNG. I do all of my refining in Wrothgar and when I did it a couple of days ago I got 6 tempering alloys from about 550 mixed raw materials, 1 rosin from about 200 raw materials and 4 dreugh wax from about 350 raw materials. Some days I might do 300 for 1, others you get 3 from 100.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    800 rubedite ore this morning. one alloy.

800 raw ancestor silk -- 2 dreugh wax.

400 raw shadowhide scraps --- 8 dreugh wax.

100 rawhide scraps -- 2 dreugh wax.

on that note, does anyone have a need for about 3000 pieces of shadowhide ? im never going to use it lol