Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorc sheild exploit

• andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »
    And what makes you so sure it was an exploit?

Ok so standing still and maintaining sheilds? Is that normal with two people bashing on it?

If the Sorc is casting shields and your damage sucks, it is very normal. This sounds like a nerf Sorc thread. I am extremely doubtful from your description and wording that any exploits were used.

Please upload the video. I want to see it.

Have to wait on xbox dvr. :(. Me and my friends were tanky and not big DD but he was just standing there with infinite shield not casting then walked forward and back and then the zerg came and he hid in tower. So exploit or the best animation cancelling i have ever seen

This sounds like something I would do. Lol
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AGREE!

This is almost as bad as the sword exploit, where you can use a sword to damage your opponent until they are dead! Or the axe exploit, where it causes your opponent to bleed for no particular reason other than getting sliced open by a big sharp axe. Or worse yet, the fall damage exploit, when the player you are fighting (on the edge of a cliff) uses Fear and you run off the edge like a lemming.

Nerf Sorcs.
    Nerf weapons.
    Nerf this thread.

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AGREE!

This is almost as bad as the sword exploit, where you can use a sword to damage your opponent until they are dead! Or the axe exploit, where it causes your opponent to bleed for no particular reason other than getting sliced open by a big sharp axe. Or worse yet, the fall damage exploit, when the player you are fighting (on the edge of a cliff) uses Fear and you run off the edge like a lemming.

Nerf Sorcs.
    Nerf weapons.
    Nerf this thread.

One of the best times I had in WoW PVP was mind controlling people making them do that exact same thing!
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's at a resource then it's not respawn shields . Let's have a look when this uploads .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on August 31, 2016 7:14PM
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AGREE!

Nerf Sorcs.
    Nerf weapons.
    Nerf this thread.

You know I don't think I have actually ever run off a cliff when feared. Makes your whole post suspicious..
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »
    AGREE!

Nerf Sorcs.
    Nerf weapons.
    Nerf this thread.

You know I don't think I have actually ever run off a cliff when feared. Makes your whole post suspicious..

LOL. That's the part that made the post suspicious?

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AGREE!

Nerf Sorcs.
    Nerf weapons.
    Nerf this thread.

LOL. That's the part that made the post suspicious?

Well, yeah. Something that hilarious to witness cannot possibly ever be real!
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    UrQuan wrote: »

Ok so standing still and maintaining sheilds? Is that normal with two people bashing on it?

2 people? Hell yeah, anyone with good Magicka sustain and Damage Shield strength can do that. Especially in a CP Campaign.

I think you missed the part in the post where he said they were afk and still maintaining a shield.

Only thing i can think of is in IC some areas give you a blue shield that makes you immune to attacks. Which is why I wanted more info.

@Osteos The video will be funny to watch if that's the case....
    I once hung out beside an enemy player for quite some time in one of those areas where we were both shielded... We were both reluctant to move away to where we could be attacked, so it became an impromptu dance-off. Eventually we both just went our separate ways and didn't attack each other.

@UrQuan A video of that would have been hilarious to watch.....First one to leave may die!

Were you guys all like.... giphy.com/gifs/IwuO6n7jrnvYA
    That's pretty much exactly what happened... It's too bad I didn't have Shadowplay running, or I would totally have posted a video of it somewhere.

@UrQuan I can picture you both standing there in all blue aura's just dancing like there's no tomorrow! :D
    We were switching up the dance styles too, like it was a real dance-off...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2 people? Hell yeah, anyone with good Magicka sustain and Damage Shield strength can do that. Especially in a CP Campaign.

I think you missed the part in the post where he said they were afk and still maintaining a shield.

Only thing i can think of is in IC some areas give you a blue shield that makes you immune to attacks. Which is why I wanted more info.

@Osteos The video will be funny to watch if that's the case....
    I once hung out beside an enemy player for quite some time in one of those areas where we were both shielded... We were both reluctant to move away to where we could be attacked, so it became an impromptu dance-off. Eventually we both just went our separate ways and didn't attack each other.

@UrQuan A video of that would have been hilarious to watch.....First one to leave may die!

Were you guys all like.... giphy.com/gifs/IwuO6n7jrnvYA
    That's pretty much exactly what happened... It's too bad I didn't have Shadowplay running, or I would totally have posted a video of it somewhere.

@UrQuan I can picture you both standing there in all blue aura's just dancing like there's no tomorrow! :D
    We were switching up the dance styles too, like it was a real dance-off...

That's awesome....
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alas my sarcasm was wasted Psst @FortheloveofKrist it was a silly response to a silly post o:)

@UrQuan Did you guys time it so you were in sync?

When the lag used to be game stopping in cyrodiil. I was at Chalman trying to fight an EP Argonian in the NW tower, it was completely pointless the lag was so bad we couldn't do anything so we decided to have a dance off while our factions impulsed eachother to death inside the keep.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We just tried to kill a sorc and they had some for of infinite non deteriorating shields i made a clip will link when up loads. They were afk and unkillable then they came back and just walked around while their sheilds never dissapeared they werent casting and this was in over world this isnt a nerf sorc thread.

Update just saw them get cced and break free instead of just taking it seems to have broke what ever sheild glitch he had his sheild come off finally.

Update : if i do upload video will i get banned for name and shame?

maybe a hacker, or someone with 30K magicka?
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha Sorc's collecting tears like Mickey xD

20150809_190946.png
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since you mentioned this was on Xbox...I'm going to guess you guys ran into shieldstacker :lol:. His health is low, but his shields are massive, probably in the top five for sorcs I've run into...and he probably was just trolling you guys and laughing.

It's also suspicious on your end that you say you and what sounds like a friend or two hit him, but then you change to saying it was a whole zerg...
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And since we still haven't seen a video....
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlon wrote: »
    And since we still haven't seen a video....

Right.... 3 hours later, I don't know if he's uploading a 5 minute video or a whole damn movie...
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you really think it was an exploit you should be quiet and take this to Zos.

If you are not sure and want to talk about it with us. But are afraid of naming and shaming just link your YouTube profile and we'll find it.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no video..... I smell a troll. :/
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @UrQuan Did you guys time it so you were in sync?
    lol no, it was too spontaneous for that...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing to see here
    Edited by Destyran on September 1, 2016 11:13AM
  • ArcanusMagus
    ArcanusMagus
    ✭✭✭
    I'm normally very suspicious when someone cries foul, but I don't understand what I'm seeing here.

The shield is refreshed without the player seeming to cast anything. Indeed, the staff doesn't come off the character's back until late in the video so I'm having a very difficult time believing that this was animation cancelling at all.

The damage the target is taking is by no means insurmountable with a sorc shield and/or annulment but these would need to be refreshed.

My guess is if it's legit then it's because there's a bug where you just weren't seeing the shields being recast or something like that. I haven't seen that myself, but it's odd. Maybe something like seeing someone stuck in shield charge when they themselves don't see it on their client (happened tonight, actually). I'd definitely send it to ZOS and then just forget about it if it's an isolated incident.

By the way, ZOS is going to stomp on this thread if the names stay in the video - just a heads up.

(Edited for clarity.)
    Edited by ArcanusMagus on September 1, 2016 8:35AM
    Arcanus Magus
    Chrysamere Pact
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <iframe frameborder=0 webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen scale="tofit" width="320" height="185" style="max-width:100%" src="http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Destyran/video/21122531/embed"></iframe&gt;

Doesn't work
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Mady
    Mady
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Discord HypeSquad Member
    Official AlcastHQ Discord Server: discord.gg/alcasthq
    Feel free to join!
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, very interesting.
    This will be closed though for naming and shaming ofcourse.
  • Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen this before, not just shields. There is a way (never been taught myself) you can suppress animations. I think you can do it with emotes as well.

All the other people see, is you standing there or emoting while you, on the other hand, are casting skills normally.

First time I saw this was back just after IC launched. I've had people do it in front of me, but none of them were nice enough to explain it.

Had a red kill me with wrecking blow dawnbreaker while sitting on a chair lol.

I think there is a video on here somewhere with someone dying in a dueling place by the Kowtow emote.
    My ping is higher than your resource recovery...
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah something is definitely broken there. No casting animations.
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something isn't right here, you'd better report it via support. I'm sorc and it shouldn't go like that, he didn't even cast the spell and his shield goes up
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    willing to learn lol
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I fought a Sorc the other day that I reported on Xb1. I'm running 5 pieces Death's Wind, 3 Torug's in Blackwater blade with 53k health and 20k stamina, and somehow he casted a shield, crystal frag, endless fury, greater storm atronach, force pulse all whilst weaving heavy inferno attacks and I died in less than 4 seconds whilst buffed with Unstoppable, Rally and Igneous shield.

The part that makes it an exploit is that the only animation I saw him actually do is force pulse!!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Destyran Nice Malubeth Cancerplar -_-

I have a few ideas for what happened.

1) That Sorc had their weapons out, and was shield-spamming for the sole purpose of messing with you. I do the same thing to tanky Malubeth Templars sometimes for fun. The rare bug of characters standing still (nearly animation-less) just like that happened but for a long time.

2) The player was abusing the Emote bugs, which can cancel animations, and found a strange way to manipulate it for what we see here.

I believe it's the animation glitch. This was prolonged, but nothing screamed exploit. Just really buggy gameplay :/
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen this before, not just shields. There is a way (never been taught myself) you can suppress animations. I think you can do it with emotes as well.

All the other people see, is you standing there or emoting while you, on the other hand, are casting skills normally.

First time I saw this was back just after IC launched. I've had people do it in front of me, but none of them were nice enough to explain it.

Had a red kill me with wrecking blow dawnbreaker while sitting on a chair lol.

I think there is a video on here somewhere with someone dying in a dueling place by the Kowtow emote.

DUUUUDE! WTF? PS4-NA in Scourge, whilst trying to get Assault Rank 7, a blue around I believe Sejanus Outpost hit me with: An Ice Comet, Endless Fury, Crushing Shock, and Crystal Frag. All while dancing in front of our outpost.

After getting constant backlash of posting videos of oddities happening in Cyrodiil, I won't show the video. Plus, I don't want to get banned for naming and shaming here on the forums. But yes, I have video proof of it. I had to watch that crap 3-4x to make sure I wasn't lagging or seeing what I thought I saw.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on September 1, 2016 9:36AM
This discussion has been closed.