The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Rubedo Leather

jarradarab
jarradarab
✭✭✭
Where is the best place to farm Rubedo Leather

Best Answers

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wayrest Sewers
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Answer ✓
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    Old orsinium
    Answer ✓
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jarradarab wrote: »
    Where is the best place to farm Rubedo Leather

My friend and I tested a few places, if you are a strong fighter ( or with a group ) Old orsinium seems to be the best place to grind for Rudebo Leather.

However, this week IC is dropping 2 times the amount of telvar stones, and you can use those stones to purchase Rubedo leather. I think a stack will cost your 10k stones. Plus IC drops gear so you can break the gear down and get get Rubedo Leather.
    Edited by vamp_emily on August 31, 2016 8:58PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Answer ✓
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Problem with farming locations is that there are too many people farming them at the same time. Last time I was in Old Orsinium it was a race to the next target because there were several people there. Easier just to buy the material if you have the gold.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are other places than Old Orsinium to get Rubedo. There are a few overland locations with quickly spawning Durzogs, and at least one Delve in Wrothgar.

Might even see if the Mudcrabs drop this in Wrothgar, that is another good source.

Also, now the Clothier Writ Surveys supply Leathers. So, those are a good source, and you can net 8 to 30 hides per box, and you get two boxes. Most I ever got was 30, soon after they were introduced to the game, but base amount is 8 to 15 (16?) per box, with a chance to double.

Hews Bane and Gold Coast have Mobs that drop this material too. I would say that those might be better due to lowered population. I have not scouted all the farming areas, but there are some Wolf Packs in the Gold Coast that might be on a quick respawn timer.
    Edited by Nestor on August 31, 2016 10:36PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Upon the rocks you spy a goat
    Twang!
    A venom arrow through its throat
    Slash!
    Cut in hard & skin the beast
    Rubedo leather and a feast!
    Edited by Synfaer on August 31, 2016 11:17PM
    Answer ✓
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »
    Upon the rocks you spy a goat
    Twang!
    A venom arrow through its throat
    Slash!
    Cut in hard & skin the beast
    Rubedo leather and a feast!

.. instead 1000 critters lay deceased

with nothing but foul hides on beasts

pull you're hair out, stamp you're feet

..the dreugh drop drought will find you throwing seats

flipping tables, cursing coarsely

remorseless, revenge

killing sheep

seriously tho, there's guides on youtube that are still relevant, it still takes time but scavenging around Orsinium you'll discover where to go, there's enough fauna about without looking to hard and a couple of places if you're lucky enough to be alone will drop a fair lot of scraps if you can handle becoming brain dead for 2hrs a day.

Edited by BRogueNZ on September 1, 2016 7:41AM