Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: August 30, 2016"

• Rustyfish101
    Rustyfish101
    ✭✭✭
    Oh no... I'm going to be so broke after this coming month... I want nearly everything :o
    Tanks:
    Fishando - Dragonknight Tank - Master Crafter
    Healers:
    Rustyfish - Templar Healer
    Rozykinz - Warden Healer - Godslayer
    Bellafish - Dragonknight Healer
    Heals-With-Fish - Nightblade Healer
    Fishromancer - Necromancer Healer
    DPS:
    Rusted Rose - Magicka Sorcerer
    Unifish - Magicka Dragonknight
    Fishy Cakes - Magicka Templar
    Rosy Bell - Magicka Nightblade
    Rosyfish - Stamina Templar
    Rosy Fish - Stamina Warden
    Llamafish - Stamina Nightblade

PC/NA
    Founder of Mudcrab Knights, a friendly, welcoming, guild that teaches end game content, specifically trials to everyone who wants to learn!
  • chjumaliev
    Pandorii wrote: »
    @RomansXXI I'm expecting it for an exclusive in the RNG boxes. = (

Do not waste time and start play Allods. There's a lot of £@#$&£¥₩ boxes.
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    We have to wait until September 29th to get our pocket mammoth?!

/ragequit

I have to wonder how tiny the "pocket mammoth" will be. I am expecting it to be the "toy pocket mammoth".

This little guy is pretty small, but not so small that he's literally pocket-sized. He comes up to around your kneecaps.

If you're a Bosmer, that could make the little mammoth pretty small.. :D
    "I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna be pretty sad if the Kagouti costs 4k
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not one but TWO Sep Adders? :smiley: Now I need to pick!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am excited for next months crown store. Wished they would release the outfits and hair even sooner plus the flying snake can't forget about that. :)
    Edited by Thevampirenight on August 30, 2016 9:55PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Rhazmuz
    Rhazmuz
    ✭✭✭
    Another month without a heavy armor costume.....
    Rhazmuz - Nord DK tank
    PS4 - EU
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    @MornaBaine LOOK! THE DRESSES!

OMG and a pocket mammoth! YES!

{edit} OMG THE DRUNK PERSONALITY

Yes! AT LAST! And the eye lashes! And ONE of the few hairstyles I liked! And I know some folks who are gonna be excited about the epic beard! LOL Glad to see none of this went into the RNGesus boxes.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭
    Why release two Sep adders at once and not one at a time? O.o
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another round, innkeeper—it'sh party time! Thish personality ish gonna make you wobble an' weave like you're intoxit … inebriash … drunk ash a skunk. It even worksh on High Elves!

Good to know High Elves aren't left out then :D.

I do quite like the Cyrod Patrician Formal Gown, that Infernal Sep Adder looks pretty neat too!
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No red wolf... *dies*

The Kagouti is the Guar animation, right down to the smack on the rear. But the color is a bit bland compared to some of the ones you see out in Shadowfen so I'm going to wait and see if they do any variants.

And no red wolf... *dies again*
    signing off
  • Arundo
    Arundo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NIce costumes !
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    No red wolf... *dies*

The Kagouti is the Guar animation, right down to the smack on the rear. But the color is a bit bland compared to some of the ones you see out in Shadowfen so I'm going to wait and see if they do any variants.

And no red wolf... *dies again*
    This. Only I'm ever so slightly worried about the kagouti's price if even the first basic one is a limited time offer.
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Only I'm ever so slightly worried about the kagouti's price if even the first basic one is a limited time offer.
    Also, don't forget, every post on the forums where someone drools and swoons over one of the new crown store offerings makes the cost of that item go up by another 500 crowns.

A smart business doesn't charge what an item is worth, they charge what they think people will pay. The more people express those "OMG it's awesome and I HAVE to have it" feelings, the higher they will make the price.

Remember the Dro-m'Athra mount?
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »
    Only I'm ever so slightly worried about the kagouti's price if even the first basic one is a limited time offer.
    Also, don't forget, every post on the forums where someone drools and swoons over one of the new crown store offerings makes the cost of that item go up by another 500 crowns.

A smart business doesn't charge what an item is worth, they charge what they think people will pay. The more people express those "OMG it's awesome and I HAVE to have it" feelings, the higher they will make the price.

The prices have certainly gone up since the store was introduced! I wanted that dro-m'Athra senche so much but the price tag was just too much to justify blue smoke.
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daraugh wrote: »

The prices have certainly gone up since the store was introduced! I wanted that dro-m'Athra senche so much but the price tag was just too much to justify blue smoke.

To be fair, it also had a new animation, the summoning animation, which is what I think that actually got the price up.

And items of the same kind are still the same price:

Simple recolored limited time mounts - 2500
    Low cultural outfit - 500
    Mid cultural outfit - 700
    High cultural outfit - 1000
    Special standalone outfit - 1000
    Bundle of three themed outfits - 700
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

To be fair, it also had a new animation, the summoning animation, which is what I think that actually got the price up.

For the most part, but there is some wiggle room:

As mentioned, Dro-m'Athra was 4000 crowns. Frostmare was 3000, Mind-Shriven fell out the default price range both times it was offered (though it wasn't a typical limited time offer either time, so it isn't the best example).
    Dark Shaman was 1200, not 1000. The hero armors were 2000.
    Ordinator pack was 1000, not 700.

On one hand, many of these oddly priced items were released in 2015, so can't be a proof of prices going up - but on the other, we didn't even have a "special standalone outfit" category at the beginning. I don't mind though, I think the default prices are fine, especially if you buy discounted crowns. I love the cultural outfits, they're all unique while the tripacks are usually the same design recolored or with minor alterations.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

For the most part, but there is some wiggle room:

As mentioned, Dro-m'Athra was 4000 crowns. Frostmare was 3000, Mind-Shriven fell out the default price range both times it was offered (though it wasn't a typical limited time offer either time, so it isn't the best example).
    Dark Shaman was 1200, not 1000. The hero armors were 2000.
    Ordinator pack was 1000, not 700.

On one hand, many of these oddly priced items were released in 2015, so can't be a proof of prices going up - but on the other, we didn't even have a "special standalone outfit" category at the beginning. I don't mind though, I think the default prices are fine, especially if you buy discounted crowns. I love the cultural outfits, they're all unique while the tripacks are usually the same design recolored or with minor alterations.

The Frost Mare only had special effects, but not a different summoning animation like the Dro-m'athra senche. I don't think they can be considered the same kind of item. And as you said, the Mind-Shriven wasn't on a 4-days time limit, it is also not directly comparable to other mounts.

Hero Armors were out of the norm for being the marketing armors, and they were also available for limited time. Dark Shaman was the first and so far the only special standalone outfit other than the Hero Armors to be on a 4-days time limit so it set the price (I expect any limited time costume that isn't related to the marketing of the game to cost the same). And Ordinator Pack was one of the first costume packs to be released, too, so if anything you can say that the price for costume packs had a spike and then dropped back to normal.

Overall, I don't think we can say that the prices are being raised. Things that are of the same kind cost the same, generally. But yeah, there is some wiggly room when the item is being offered on similar but not quite identical circumstances. Saying that the prices have gone up since the store was introduced... I can't really agree with that, looking at the history of the Crown Store.
    Edited by Abeille on September 1, 2016 6:50PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The examples were more about flexible categories than occasional price spikes. I think the impression of prices going up stems from the increasing number of "special" items. Similar items have comparable prices... but this limited time item is not like the others! And this outfit is in a brand new category of its own! Even if the priceline for each category stays the same, there might be shifts in the types of items prominent at any given time. Imagine if every mount ZOS released for the next year was like Dro-m'Athra (which I don't expect to actually happen, of course).

So... Any news on the Orchid Nixad? :)
    Edited by Rosveen on September 1, 2016 8:22PM
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    Before anyone complains that the Malacath shields are undyeable, they are but the Dye Station UI doesn't have the 3 slots active for the shield.

Using dye all on at least 1 dyeable item allows you to set:

Left - Outer and main color of shield
    Middle - Inner and secondary color of shield
    Right - No visible effect, dye all channel may not be bonded to shield channel.

They should really have fixed this before releasing the motif to the masses...

(N.B. I gained my Malacath motif parts ingame.)
  • Imortal13
    Imortal13
    Soul Shriven
    Get the first four Tamriel Unlimited DLC packs for one bargain price!

Do we have any idea how much is that bargain price???
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was excited about the Kagouti, until i saw that it is "LIMITED TIME ONLY".

Which generally means expensive, as well... :-(
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno Any eta on the next crown store preview? Pretty please? :)
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on September 27, 2016 10:32AM