Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

unfair balance of alliance on items from chests

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
i've been playing a lot with characters on Daggerfall Covenant and Ebonheart Pact, but since i already got all motifs for both alliances styles on cyrodiil chests, i decided to create a new character for Aldmeri Dominion. after i reached level 10, i bought dozens of treasure maps and went to cyrodiil. on the other alliances, i always got 1 motif after 2 or 3 chests, in the worst case scenario after 4 or 5 tries, but that was rare. anyway, in 10 chest i would always get, for sure, 2 motifs. now, playing on AD, after dozens and dozens of chests, i never got one single moif - i can guarantee that i did that a lot both on DC and EP and this bad luck was impossible.

probably i'm going to delete this character and this was my first and last try at AD, it would have been cheaper to buy all motifs, i spent more than 60.000 gold on treasure maps and i didn't get one single motif. i was both shocked and surprised, to find out after more than 2 years playing this, that the item drop on AD alliance is not balanced in the same way of DC and EP. that's just wrong :\ good thing i started on EP.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNG, all is RNG. And Murphy's law.

I've do the same thing with a friend, and we get every motif at the same rate from all three alliance. No difference between them. But sometime there is some bad luck running, not giving us any motif for an amount of time.
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    rng
    r n g
    r a n d o m

Sorry.
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm AD and I got all mine without buying a single treasure map. :trollface:
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let me tell you a secret - female Argonian on EP faction came with the most op benefits and you can get whatever loot you want in your first try. It was like having cheats enabled in your single player game. In addition you also got lots of whispers from fellow male players
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i know it's random, but it sure doesn't feel the same random system. i did it really a lot on DC and EP, and i can guarantee that it's not so hard to find as in AD - in fact it was impossible to open 10 chest and not get at least 2 motif. i did that so many times, hundreds and hundreds of chests... most my gold on ESO i got this way :) - it's not so hard as on AD. anyway, i'm going to test 10 more just out of curiosity.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok... this doesn't make any sense. i just tested 10 more treasure maps on AD and i didn't got one single motif as in the previous 30 or so. then, i used my DC character and i got 8 motifs with 10 treasure maps - this is normal with this character.

really, the random is much better on DC and EP. i don't mind, because i just tested AD today, but i'm pointing it because it is quite unfair. for me it is ok, i'll just buy the motifs and quit playing on AD :P
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    random isn't supposed to be fair
    it's random
    unpredictable
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »
    it's random
    unpredictable
    Which is why he's pointing out that his sample data does not appear to be random and is in fact predictable ...
    shades.gif
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    it's random
    unpredictable
    Which is why he's pointing out that his sample data does not appear to be random and is in fact predictable ...
    shades.gif

I don't know if a pattern in unpredictability means it's predictable
    Idk it seems rediculous to think something as non-important as motifs should be more difficult for one alliance
    I mean I'm all for tearing into AD (and let's be fair) but you know
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    it's random
    unpredictable
    shades.gif

I don't know if a pattern in unpredictability means it's predictable
    Idk it seems rediculous to think something as non-important as motifs should be more difficult for one alliance
    I mean I'm all for tearing into AD (and let's be fair) but you know

i also don't know. might be some bug or something, but something doesn't feel right.

now i wonder if the problem is in all my lucky characters or in the unlucky new AD character, but since i have 4 lucky characters on EP, i bet the problem might be on the unlucky AD character :)

also, i can't tell that this happen with all AD characters, i only tested one, but the lucky rate is insanely different. one thing i'm sure: i don't like the random of AD :D
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    i also don't know. might be some bug or something, but something doesn't feel right.
    now i wonder if the problem is in all my lucky characters or in the unlucky new AD character, but since i have 4 lucky characters on EP, i bet the problem might be on the unlucky AD character :)
    also, i can't tell that this happen with all AD characters, i only tested one, but the lucky rate is insanely different. one thing i'm sure: i don't like the random of AD :D

Now that i think about it, i have opened a lot of treasure map chests in Cyrodiil on my AD char and i have never gotten a single motif.
    popcorn.gif
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for random to truly be random there are going to be times when you get 10 out of 10 and times when you get 0 out of 10

reminds me of those pictures in school with dots all over them, one would have them all evenly placed around, the other would have clumps in places and you were told to select the one that was more random and everyone went for the one with even placement. . .that was incorrect.

random is random.

and its not fair until you get a MASSIVE sample size.
    Edited by Wing on September 1, 2016 1:41AM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chests gave me about a 50% rate over all for the alliance motifs if I recall correctly. But my sample size was probably only about 20 chests. After I finished my collection I stopped going and just sell any Cyro maps I get.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    for random to truly be random there are going to be times when you get 10 out of 10 and times when you get 0 out of 10

yep. i understand that. but my point is that i really like much more the random of EP and DC, since on that alliance, with my characters, in 2 years, the random was NEVER 0 out of 10, not even 1 out of 10, it was always better on hundreds of runs, while in AD it has been ALWAYS 0 out of 10. so, that's why i don't like the AD random.

anyway, based on that line, since i never got 10 out of 10 in 2 years in any alliance, but now only in one i always get 0 out of 10, it seems that it may not be random after all :P