Question for active forumers...

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm retired so the problem doesn't arise. When I was working it wasn't the kind of job where I had either the time or the opportunity to do other stuff.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What tactics do you use to hide that you are reading and posting on the forums while at work?

I have two screens, so I use the screen passers by cannot see because of how it's angled. Alt-Tab also comes in handy.

use multiple tabs open, when the boss is comming, swich to another tab fast (the "work tab") :smiley:
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IPhone

And ... I'm very good at recognizing the incoming steps coming down the hallway.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm da boss, I do what I want >:)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IPhone

And ... I'm very good at recognizing the incoming steps coming down the hallway.

@danielpatrickkeaneub17_ESO

Oh, man. I have a co-worker who lumbers around the office with a cane. The cadence of her walk gives me the creeps, cause it sounds like death is coming for me.

It doesn't help that she places her hand on my shoulder and then says "Do you mind if I touch you?"

3oD3YwXJVuNv6pjXna.gif
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IPhone

@danielpatrickkeaneub17_ESO

Oh, man. I have a co-worker who lumbers around the office with a cane. The cadence of her walk gives me the creeps, cause it sounds like death is coming for me.

It doesn't help that she places her hand on my shoulder and then says "Do you mind if I touch you?"

3oD3YwXJVuNv6pjXna.gif

I have one lady with obnoxiously loud heels that I can hear in my sleep. My bosses, though, they kind of shuffle.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an office with a solid oak door.
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get in trouble but people ask what I am looking at sometimes. Sure would be nice if they removed that big floating banner at the top.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I browse the forums when on break or at lunch ... B)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What tactics do you use to hide that you are reading and posting on the forums while at work?
    I don't hide it ...
    shades.gif
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Working from home sometimes has its benefits ;)
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »

True. That, and you can spend the whole day farting in your office. Oh, the joys of working from home.

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Smart phone with 15 sec screen timeout and my head phones plugged in. Sometimes even with actual music playing. (Listening to music is fine.)

I still get caught from time to time. Luckily a) my boss likes me, and b) I'm an otherwise reliable employee with essential skills it would be difficult to replace.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if my manager says anything i usually just tell him i am going to stab him in the throat with a pencil. he's used to it
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know whats weird? If I am working from home, I am LESS likely to screw off my time. When did this become the thing lol, in the office waste time, at home never waste time....
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just have a spreadsheet open so I can minimize the web page and it looks like I am working on Excel if anyone comes in my office
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my boss used to give me sh!t for it... but then i politely reminded her of the amount of times she gets personal phone calls :D ... she hasnt said anything about it since lol
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I used to work computers were slightly different..........

29v1bpy.jpg

:D>:)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Retirement FTW!
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Retirement FTW!

aye...
  • FlaviusVoyage
    FlaviusVoyage
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    When I get caught perusing the forums at work, my boss tells me I'm doing a great job! :P

Haha, you have the best job in the world!
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »

Agreed, but being in your office 24/7 isn't one of them :smiley: !
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you know there has to be an up side to being retired and widowed with only a cat and a gamer son around to notice. I can do whatever I want to do whenever I want to do it and nobody can say anything because it is still me paying the bills. HA!
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone asks what I am looking at, I just say "Animal ***" and they leave me alone...
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    on the retirement thing....

finally i have the time to go on pts

aaaaannnndddddddd

it's down for patch maintenance

:|