Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question for active forumers...

FortheloveofKrist
FortheloveofKrist
✭✭✭✭✭
What tactics do you use to hide that you are reading and posting on the forums while at work?

I have two screens, so I use the screen passers by cannot see because of how it's angled. Alt-Tab also comes in handy.
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just use the forums at work if someone sees what will they say really? like is all your work done? lol

if I have time to forum it means there is nothing else to do.
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭
    i dont. i usually have someone stroll into my area and be like: whatcha readin?
    and i usually reply with: im correcting someones invalid opinion on the interwebs via google machine.

no one really cares what happens at my work as long as everyone shite gets done.

Edit: Some days i even log into eso/diablo3/starcraft2 and play some!
    Edited by iam117 on August 31, 2016 7:33PM
    <Liv3mind>
    <PC/NA - Legion Of The Bloodworks>
    Snowflake Patrol
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    #HomeOfficeMasterRace
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Graydon
    Graydon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sit in the stall for hours browsing the forums on my iPhone.
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    When I get caught perusing the forums at work, my boss tells me I'm doing a great job! :P
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Private office, nobody has any idea what I'm doing at any time. As long as my work gets done (and it does), I don't think anybody really cares.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    When I get caught perusing the forums at work, my boss tells me I'm doing a great job! :P

@ZOS_DaryaK ...I would imagine you are the only one with a job where you try to sneak in time AWAY from the forums.

• Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »

We can't all have amazing jobs...
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do it on the phone >:) They'll never know :p
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Graydon wrote: »
    I sit in the stall for hours browsing the forums on my iPhone.

@Graydon

LOL. I have done this. And I think my coworkers must assume I have IBS or I eat too many legumes.

• Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I would have to fire myself (and I really, really should), so I don't hide it.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i am retired.... i do what i want when i want.

and silently mock all you ants scurrying about your lord and masters business.

that last bit isn't true.... not at all no... not a bit.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm my boss so she's fine with it :tongue:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My boss is more than 800 miles away. I also have an office with a door I can close. And, I surf on a personal laptop connected with a cable modem so the corporate network never sees what I am doing.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alt tab is your friend.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    My boss is more than 800 miles away. I also have an office with a door I can close. And, I surf on a personal laptop connected with a cable modem so the corporate network never sees what I am doing.

perhaps revealing that fact here was.... how can i put this...... unwise?
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bloody workplace blocks anything to do with gaming. Even remotely. Because it is BAD. Has no logic as allows people to stream live football....

So have to do it on my phone surreptitiously :#
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Work is so slow for me right now I don't hide it at all. I also use two monitors so I can view incoming emails while browsing the forums.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have two screens and keep one with its back to the door of my office. I make up for my slacking at times with other times of super working lol.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have two screens and keep one with its back to the door of my office. I make up for my slacking at times with other times of super working lol.

Ah yes, @mommadani907 ... the balance between do-nothing and superwork. I do the same. Some days I complete my work and everyone else's, eat lunch at my desk, and never stop moving until 5pm. Other days I trudge into work and think, I don't want to be here today so I ain't doin' ***.

• ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sit in the back of my office. Noone behind me but my funco pops. So here I sit.....typing this....
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't go on forums during work. One time I tried to use my laptop to do homework, and I got yelled at.

Not my fault that I get my work done early, and get paid by the hour, so I sit around for anywhere from 1 to 2 hours until shift is over.

It used to be worse; they cut my hours when they found out that I'm productive, so I get paid less for the same amount and quality of work.

One of the reasons why hourly wage sucks for a job with limited work.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My commute consist of getting out of bed and pressing the power button on the computer. The only traffic problems are when the cat is really hungry. She is the only witness and as long as she is bribed with food, she keeps it to herself.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i'm working from home, I allow myself a peek now and again in between making a cuppa or fussing my cats. But more often than not i'm on site visits. Otherwise, i'm too busy!
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Chew_Magna
    Chew_Magna
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hide it. I'm the manager and the only one here half the time so I do what I want lol.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can't go on forums during work. One time I tried to use my laptop to do homework, and I got yelled at.

Not my fault that I get my work done early, and get paid by the hour, so I sit around for anywhere from 1 to 2 hours until shift is over.

It used to be worse; they cut my hours when they found out that I'm productive, so I get paid less for the same amount and quality of work.

One of the reasons why hourly wage sucks for a job with limited work.

It pays to be a slacker, guess you learned a valuable lesson.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• sekhem
    sekhem
    ✭✭✭
    I have a job where i sit around waiting for someone to need something. If I dont look busy doing stuff like this (using the computer) then they will realize they pay me to do nothing and they might cut services. So you see I need to be caught doing this...I dont know how many times I have been watching youtube videos or on the forum and someone comes by and is like "hey when you arent busy can you...?" Next step is to bring my gaming laptop in with a ps4 controller and start using remote play. ahahaha
    The Dr found that his stars had decayed. Why didn't he keep them in the fridge? lol

PS4 NA dobby_of_doom
    now also PC NA...I have no idea what I'm doing...
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Forums (internet in general) take a back seat to my work, so it's accepted by my manager that I read sometimes to kill time.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭
    sekhem wrote: »
    Next step is to bring my gaming laptop in with a ps4 controller and start using remote play. ahahaha

our network at my work blocks gaming servers (eso/diablo etc) so i bring my macbook/ps4 controller to work and remote to play occasionally, works fine for me!
    <Liv3mind>
    <PC/NA - Legion Of The Bloodworks>
    Snowflake Patrol
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chew_Magna wrote: »
    I don't hide it. I'm the manager and the only one here half the time so I do what I want lol.

@Chew_Magna so you can pretty much wear what ever you want as well....

[img][/img]ZEfl2Mz.jpg
    NA Server - Kildair