Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorc sheild exploit

Destyran
Destyran
✭✭✭✭✭
We just tried to kill a sorc and they had some for of infinite non deteriorating shields i made a clip will link when up loads. They were afk and unkillable then they came back and just walked around while their sheilds never dissapeared they werent casting and this was in over world this isnt a nerf sorc thread.
Update here is the video its been removed to avoid naming and shaming
I know im pretty trash but it was for a group play.
Lemme know what you think

Update just saw them get cced and break free instead of just taking it seems to have broke what ever sheild glitch he had his sheild come off finally.

Update : if i do upload video will i get banned for name and shame?
Edited by Destyran on September 1, 2016 11:26AM
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And what makes you so sure it was an exploit?
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kick ASS, now STA dodge rollers will know how we feel.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok so standing still and maintaining sheilds? Is that normal with two people bashing on it?
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did this happen? I need more info
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »

Ok so standing still and maintaining sheilds? Is that normal with two people bashing on it?

2 people? Hell yeah, anyone with good Magicka sustain and Damage Shield strength can do that. Especially in a CP Campaign.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on August 31, 2016 6:38PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Sorc is casting shields and your damage sucks, it is very normal. This sounds like a nerf Sorc thread. I am extremely doubtful from your description and wording that any exploits were used.

Please upload the video. I want to see it.

• psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others said, we need a video before we can discuss further.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1- Were you in a CP Campaign?
    a- How much are you CP's compare to theirs if so?
    2- Were they recasting the shield over and over or just standing there doing nothing?

In a CP Campaign, a maxed level Sorc with maxed Bastion will be able to take minimal damage on their shield from much lower levels. CP makes that much of a difference.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2 people? Hell yeah, anyone with good Magicka sustain and Damage Shield strength can do that. Especially in a CP Campaign.

I think you missed the part in the post where he said they were afk and still maintaining a shield.

Only thing i can think of is in IC some areas give you a blue shield that makes you immune to attacks. Which is why I wanted more info.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, shield stacking is a thing. It doesn't allow you to do much DPS but you can eat alot of damage.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Osteos wrote: »

I think you missed the part in the post where he said they were afk and still maintaining a shield.

Only thing i can think of is in IC some areas give you a blue shield that makes you immune to attacks. Which is why I wanted more info.

@Osteos The video will be funny to watch if that's the case....
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Plz be this :lol:
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »

I once hung out beside an enemy player for quite some time in one of those areas where we were both shielded... We were both reluctant to move away to where we could be attacked, so it became an impromptu dance-off. Eventually we both just went our separate ways and didn't attack each other.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if it's a cheater we'll see it in the video, untill then it's a pointless discussion really.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, I didn't miss that part. If they WERE actually afk the whole time then it's clearly a macro. If not, they could've been there the whole time doing it manually and just laughing.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye yie yie ... I hope this is not being blue respawn shields . Be so embarrassing .
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye yie yie ... I hope this is not being blue respawn shields . Be so embarrassing .

This, but also extremely hilarious
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, I didn't miss that part. If they WERE actually afk the whole time then it's clearly a macro. If not, they could've been there the whole time doing it manually and just laughing.

If he's cheating i expect a permanent shield without a casting animation. But we'll have to see in the video.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

I once hung out beside an enemy player for quite some time in one of those areas where we were both shielded... We were both reluctant to move away to where we could be attacked, so it became an impromptu dance-off. Eventually we both just went our separate ways and didn't attack each other.

@UrQuan A video of that would have been hilarious to watch.....First one to leave may die!

Were you guys all like.... giphy.com/gifs/IwuO6n7jrnvYA
    NA Server - Kildair
  • NoRagret
    NoRagret
    ✭✭✭
    Its on the internet therefor it must be true.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They werent casting and they were afk at the start
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@UrQuan A video of that would have been hilarious to watch.....First one to leave may die!

That's pretty much exactly what happened... It's too bad I didn't have Shadowplay running, or I would totally have posted a video of it somewhere.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If he's cheating i expect a permanent shield without a casting animation. But we'll have to see in the video.

Which will probably be the blue IC immunity glow if anything lol

Also we will see if OP even POSTS a video. Could be trolling for all we know :p
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's pretty much exactly what happened... It's too bad I didn't have Shadowplay running, or I would totally have posted a video of it somewhere.

u saw it?
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so he was afk at start not moving then walked from arrius mine flag to the tower door then back and stood there as the whole zerg couldnt get hos sheilds
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@UrQuan I can picture you both standing there in all blue aura's just dancing like there's no tomorrow! :D
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for this over an hour and no word from OP or the video...
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so he was afk at start not moving then walked from arrius mine flag to the tower door then back and stood there as the whole zerg couldnt get hos sheilds

Can you at least describe the shield itself? For all we know someone was casting Ward on him, or even Obsidian Shield.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

If the Sorc is casting shields and your damage sucks, it is very normal. This sounds like a nerf Sorc thread. I am extremely doubtful from your description and wording that any exploits were used.

Please upload the video. I want to see it.

Have to wait on xbox dvr. :(. Me and my friends were tanky and not big DD but he was just standing there with infinite shield not casting then walked forward and back and then the zerg came and he hid in tower. So exploit or the best animation cancelling i have ever seen
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah boo! I was hoping it was an IC suppression shield :D

DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
This discussion has been closed.