The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Suggestion: A cheaper "Small appearance change token" to change just that one thing :)

Miaura
Miaura
✭✭✭
What about a, say 100-200 crown "small appearance change token"? You could change just one feature with that. Including voice! I for one forgot to listen to the voice on one of my chars, and guess many other people forget this too...Grrr...
I bet many people would change more than one feature this way, and more than once, many people who would never buy the 1000 crowns appearance token at once!
And, yes, If Crown Boxes are rly to be (though personally I am against them) , these kind of things might be a much more desirable cheap consumable in them than any food/potion/soul gem that people can also get or craft in game. But for the love of Azura, if you make my wish come true, just make these token buyable straight from the crownstore as well :D!

I myself was quite hoping for appearance change to come in for either one time purchase to be able to do it allways, or part of the base game for free of crowns and buyable with in game gold, or a system where you would be charged gold or crowns for how many changes you make. Like the barber shop in Rift (that one is available for ingame gold, but thats irrelevant here) where you are charged for every change you make.

I for one am quite happy with my chars cause I take ages to make them. But, but:
My very 1st char I made a middleaged breton female, liked everything in char making screen, also in Cold Harbour... Still liked her in Daggerfall... Untill I realised I could move the camera settings closer and more centered. Only then I saw that her age gives her a huge deep wrinkle between the nose and brow. She got nicknamed "Klingon" and shamefully not played much further. But I could never delete her cause of emotional first char attachment I guess...

But when I saw the appearance change token price , I took "Klingon" for a catwalk and realised I suddenly rly like her face like it is... Cause no way am I paying 1000 crowns just to change her age, at least if I cant afford to change it back after in case it ruins the whole char....Took her questing too and now she rocks ;). Go Klingon!
Just made her a pretty little sister too who looks allmost like her but non nose wrinkle XD.
And yeah, two of my other, more "main" chars could be remade bit shorter, cause Im a bit short, l`d feel more at home in their skins . No way paying 2000 crowns for just that, but certainly would pay 200 :) .

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I don't get is that appearance change tokens, which allow for complete customization, including voice, is only 1000 Crowns while name change is 2500.

I have two characters with names that are not quite spelled right (to my mind) but I'm not about to spend 5000 Crowns. I have another that I'd like to completely change the name, as she has more of an Altmer sounding name than a Bosmer one. But, like, you the price is just too high.

I like your idea for cheaper tokens to change that one thing about a character, btw, but 1000 Crowns is still a LOT cheaper than 2500.