The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Winterborn very low proc rate

Methariorn
Methariorn
✭✭✭
It's just me or winterborn proc rate is very very low? Maybe it's the wrong forum to ask but I've try it only in pvp and I notice the proc is very low compared to other sets (maybe just bad luck)
Methariorn sorc EU server AD
Acciughina NB EU server AD
Aiacos Templar EU server AD
Sevoltan DK EU server AD
  • frownsyndromes
    frownsyndromes
    ✭✭✭
    ive had nothing but bad luck with that set too my man
  • frownsyndromes
    frownsyndromes
    ✭✭✭
    but nah 8% is just a hella low number :)
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine procs a lot in group fights! The other day, someone was jumping off the balcony of a keep we were taking, so I popped a frost reach on them and I actually saw the crystal pop while they were midair, serving as the KB before they hit the ground. That was the best Winterborn of them all.
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • Methariorn
    Methariorn
    ✭✭✭
    Well must be bad luck: I've been in a couple of large fight and used elemental blockade and I've saw the set proc maybe two times...
    Methariorn sorc EU server AD
    Acciughina NB EU server AD
    Aiacos Templar EU server AD
    Sevoltan DK EU server AD
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    As I'm a Frost Sorc I want this set so badly... BUT, the low percentage isn't appealing. So I won't invest in that one.
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • gibous
    gibous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't just think about 8%. Think about how you're putting out frost damage and at what rate. Frost reach and elemental blockade provide so many ticks. If you are just light attacking then yeah, the proc rate will be horrible.

However, it's not a great set in pvp because you'll find yourself trying to proc something that triggers mediocre damage, compared to something like the viper set which is passively reliable extra damage. You're better off just having better overall damage.

In pve I would suspect you give up too much raw dmg and crit running this 5pc. You could get a similar effect going with a 2pc in valkyn.
    Reddington James — Magsorc & Magplar (NA PC)
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to stack Frost Damage. Here are all of the sources of player dealt Cold damage in ESO:

- Skills -
    Mages Guild
    • Ice Comet
    Destruction Staff
    • Crushing Shock (+morphs, sort of)
    Ice Destruction Staff
    • Frost Touch (+morphs)
    • Wall of Frost (+morphs)
    • Frost Impulse (+morphs)

- Other -
    • Cold Damage glyph enchantment
    • Winterborn Set 5-piece Ice Pillar Proc
    • Iceheart Monster Set Proc (in Update 12)
    • Possibly other new sets (in Update 12)

This is a very small list. Currently there only only 7 ways even possible to deal Cold Damage :(

Using just Wall of Elements, Winterborn procs fairly often in AoE scenarios. Against a single target, you will want to using Wall of Elements and DPS with Light Attack+Force Shock. If you want to proc Winterborn even faster, run Ice Ring (for the AoE DoT) and/or Frost Touch (for the root and extra DoT).

Winterborn can proc every internal cool down this way!