The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Boosting Stam Sorc Armor & Res to Cap

Cathexis
Cathexis
✭✭✭✭✭
Just looking for suggestions on how to boost to cap for those with experience with it. Mathematically it doesnt make sense for me to put any CP toward armor, but im curious about the tradeoff between impen and extra armor on heavy and on a shield (I assume impen is generally better as it protects against burst).

If thats the case, all there is to work with is gear and skills. Ive got my major armor/phys and sometimes minor, which leaves me woth basically just gear to work with. Is this a correct assumption?

Looking for ideas, and anything I might of missed.
The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
Praise Malacath.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much, yeah. But you're better of stacking impen for pvp than additional resistances in most cases. Certain builds will merit stacking resistances to, or even above, the caps. Unless you are building to be somewhat of a bulwark (meaning sustain and survivability at the expense of damage, especially burst) then you should be fine with Major Ward/Resolve (and Minor, if you choose). Defending weapons can make a world of difference, especially if you use them on a secondary bar that only contains buffs/utility. My stam Sorc pvp build, for example, has 30k spell and 25k phys resistances with only Major Ward/Resolve active, with defending only on DW bar, and that bar contains no offensive skills at all. It is purely used for the ultimate, buffs, and healing.
  • ClockworkArc
    ClockworkArc
    ✭✭✭
    It depends a lot on how you want to play.

I mean hypothetically, you could hit the armor cap in 6 med 1 reinforced heavy chest, reinforced shield, a defending weapon, and the armor master set while using your major / minor buffs. That would give you room for 6 impen traits.

I'm nearly at cap on my mag sorc and I use 7 heavy 1 reinforced chest and a reinforced shield + buffs but I'm also currently a pve tank...
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if it is relevant to the post but if you are stacking resistances, nirnhoned is actually better than reinforced on shields due to how the shield Expert CP interacts with base resistances. This also holds true for heavy belts and gloves I think.it might also extend to shoulcers and boots, but can't remember.
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie