The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can someone help me? (PS4/Console EU)

KevinBrits
Dear ESO Players,

I just bought ESO and its quite an interesting game for me. All tho i see many players playing, i do not see anyone recruiting in zone chat nor see i people talking in zone chat at all.
So.. is there a reason for it due the chat being new or is the game less populated then i expected? I must have to say there are alot of options on "Off" by default which also hides the chat and for the first time playing you had to turn this on yourself (if i'm not mistaken)

Im playing on EP-EU

Thanks in advance,

• SunBro
    SunBro
    ✭✭
    Make sure your text chat is on. You'll see a white speech bubble hanging out on the right side of your screen. If anyone speaks it'll automatically open and you can see. I play on PS4 EP EU too and ppl shout for groups/sell or buy items all the time. Sometimes ppl aren't talking tho so don't let that discourage you. Also depends on the zone mournhold is usually pretty hoppin and generally a HUB area for players
  • KevinBrits
    Hey thanks for the quick reply!

That makes sense indeed, and yes i turned this on which i mentioned in my post. It's initially turned off when you first start the game. Maybe alot of new players (i'm still in stonefall) don't even know the option exists and that causes noone to respond or even talk in zone chat.
    EDIT: It kind of discouraged me indeed cause i'm actually deciding to make a subscription for the DLC stuff.

Edited by KevinBrits on August 31, 2016 4:39PM
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KevinBrits wrote: »

That makes sense indeed, and yes i turned this on which i mentioned in my post. It's initially turned off when you first start the game. Maybe alot of new players (i'm still in stonefall) don't even know the option exists and that causes noone to respond or even talk in zone chat.

Consoles got text chat all of a couple weeks ago, so it's likely that no one is really used to using it yet. It will probably pick up over time.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • KevinBrits
    wayfarerx wrote: »

Consoles got text chat all of a couple weeks ago, so it's likely that no one is really used to using it yet. It will probably pick up over time.

Yeah more likely, i thought that patch released a while ago already but it's fresh apparently.

Thanks!
    Edited by KevinBrits on August 31, 2016 4:40PM
  • SunBro
    SunBro
    ✭✭
    It gets used a lot. Like I said it depends on the zone. Places like mournhold are HUB areas as it has a lot of guild shops and the undaunted enclave. I imagine the place you're in isn't as busy. Once you get into a busier place you'll notice it more and sometimes possibly prefer it was off :P

Anyway welcome to ESO! Feel free to reach out with any other questions :)
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EDIT: It kind of discouraged me indeed cause i'm actually deciding to make a subscription for the DLC stuff.

Tbh Stonefalls is a pretty quiet area for EP on PS4. Come to Mournhold, that's where the text chat really kicks off. ;)
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know what it's like for you but area chat is so noisy in the starting towns like Daggerfall, Auridon and Davons Watch that I have to turn it off if I play in peak hours and want to go to town...the same goes for busy trader spots like Wayrest, Rawl Ka and Mournhold. This is on XB NA though so your situation may be different.