The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How does the passive "Dual Wield Expert" work?

Wrecking_Blow_Spam
Wrecking_Blow_Spam
✭✭✭✭✭
So it says:
" Increases weapon damage by 6% of off-hands weapon's damage."

I came to the conclusion that perhaps a Nirnhined dagger wouldn't be so bad with this passive.

But everyone says to put the vma nirnhoned dagger as the main hand? Why is this? It says increases off hand weapon damage so I thought maybe a sharpaned main hand and nirnhoned off hand works best?

I'm a bit confused, because lots say use in main instead of off hand. Also I would go 2 sharpaned but I only have 1 sharpaned.

1 more question, I have an infused vma dagger and a nirnhoned vma dagger which would give more dps when paired with a sharpened axe?

Thanks.
Xbox one EU
8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
Doesn't stand in red
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second weapon give you only like 20% of his power, with this passive it give 26%. Or 14% without, 20% with. On any case, it give only a tiny fraction of his damage value.
    You totally loose this bonus with a nirn weapon, since you get only 26% or whatever the number is of your +11% weapon/spell damage. With a sharpened/precise weapon on the second hand, you don't loose his trait, and get full benefit of the nirn one.

And the nirn dagger will give you far more dps than the infused one. The infused get 20% more power on the tiny weapon damage the dagger give you passively (the +94 damage), when the nirn give you 11% damage to the base 1335 damage of the weapon.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I should sharp in off hand and burn in main hand correct?
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    The second weapon give you only like 20% of his power, with this passive it give 26%. Or 14% without, 20% with. On any case, it give only a tiny fraction of his damage value.
    You totally loose this bonus with a nirn weapon, since you get only 26% or whatever the number is of your +11% weapon/spell damage. With a sharpened/precise weapon on the second hand, you don't loose his trait, and get full benefit of the nirn one.

And the nirn dagger will give you far more dps than the infused one. The infused get 20% more power on the tiny weapon damage the dagger give you passively (the +94 damage), when the nirn give you 11% damage to the base 1335 damage of the weapon.

I just re read this it makes sense. Thanks for the info.
    Edited by Wrecking_Blow_Spam on August 31, 2016 4:29PM
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're welcome.
    Sharp in offhand will do great, and with nirn in main hand you'll be nearly perfect (full precise might be a little better).