Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it possible? Mag. Sorc/Werewolf build

raidentenshu_ESO
raidentenshu_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I know WW is suppose to be for stamina related builds and that being a vampire would be for the best for magic users, But damn! Being a vampire in this game is unplayable! It's terrible with such fire damage! What if you have an equal amount of Stam and Magic? I say this because to self heal you would need to have magicka, and you would need a lot of that for self healing whereas you would need to have a lot of stam for power.

What is the perfect build for a stam/magicka hybrid build for a High Elf DPS sorcs?
  • SubtleHate
    SubtleHate
    ✭✭✭
    There is no build. Hybrid builds don't work. Just go vamp and feed so you stay in stage 1 and don't take increased fire damage.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried being a vampire for a day, and it didn't work out as plan. I am a dungeon/trial player, and with that results in dealing with enemies that produces a lot of fire damage (Coughcough City of Ash). The last thing I need to do is give the healers a heart attack from the amount of stress of having to deal with me and my severe allergic relation to fire.

Again being a vampire in this game is unplayable IMO.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, I'm sure it's possible to create a hybrid WW build that is capable of completing most vet dungeons and normal trials if you are already an experienced player, but it will be weaker than builds that are focussed on one ressource.
    However, the fact that you can't do CoA on a vampire indicates that you are not too experienced with the game or some of the dungeon mechanics. So you'll probably have a very hard time in some of the more difficult dungeons or trials with a hybrid build.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know WW is suppose to be for stamina related builds and that being a vampire would be for the best for magic users, But damn! Being a vampire in this game is unplayable! It's terrible with such fire damage! What if you have an equal amount of Stam and Magic? I say this because to self heal you would need to have magicka, and you would need a lot of that for self healing whereas you would need to have a lot of stam for power.

What is the perfect build for a stam/magicka hybrid build for a High Elf DPS sorcs?

*You can be a Stamina Sorcerer, and Werewolf is just fine on them although a lot of passive benefits from the class come from slotting the class skills, you still have the cost reduction benefits.

*Its not optimal but you could build a Altmer Sorcerer that is more focused on magicka, using pelinal set, and being tanky. If you're a tanky magicka build I could see being able to use the Werewolf functionally, and having a ridiculous self heal. Its kind of an odd build, and like I said you'd want to build as a tank but it could work since werewolf is built upon its light and heavy attacks a lot. You'd be limited at how many howls and such you could use, but you'd also be able to spam your hircine heal which would be interesting. I've thought about playing with the idea just for kicks, but I still haven't come around to doing it.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm interested to know why you think vampire is unplayable. Do you not have any cp in elemental defender or thick skinned? I ask because I'm a vampire for pvp, where it happens to be borderline op with all benefits and no drawbacks, but I'm currently farming vMA and couldn't be bothered to get myself cured. Tbh I don't really notice the fire damage. For starters I don't think the extra fire damage applies to your ward (I could be wrong though), but I also took all my cp out of Bastion and put it into Hardy, Elemental Defender and Thick Skinned, which also apply to your wards. So there's no reason why you should struggle to stay alive as a vamp sorc in either pvp or pve.

To answer the question; WW as a magicka sorc would leave you with really poor damage in WW form. It might work as a hybrid though if you had a good hybrid build.
    PC | EU
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm interested to know why you think vampire is unplayable. Do you not have any cp in elemental defender or thick skinned? I ask because I'm a vampire for pvp, where it happens to be borderline op with all benefits and no drawbacks, but I'm currently farming vMA and couldn't be bothered to get myself cured. Tbh I don't really notice the fire damage. For starters I don't think the extra fire damage applies to your ward (I could be wrong though), but I also took all my cp out of Bastion and put it into Hardy, Elemental Defender and Thick Skinned, which also apply to your wards. So there's no reason why you should struggle to stay alive as a vamp sorc in either pvp or pve.

To answer the question; WW as a magicka sorc would leave you with really poor damage in WW form. It might work as a hybrid though if you had a good hybrid build.

I agree with @FriedEggSandwich 's points regarding Vampire, and I've tanked Vet City of Ash as a Stage 4 Vampire without a problem. I've also done it as a DPS. In order to make these two skill lines interesting as they should be, I really think there needs to be a viable either/or choice to be made with some other guild/group that is antithetical to Vampire/Werewolf while maintaining your mermanity/humanity/lizardanity/felinity. I've said this for so long and it really is frustrating that they don't get it. In the realm of the standalone games werewolf/vampire being OP is a non issue. In an MMO though, it is annoying to have such a choice really be a non-choice.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As of right now I'm CP 232 and I have 67 on Elemental expert and 61 on elemental defender. 30 on Hardy, spell shield 20, 10 on staff expert, 23 on Elf born and 10 on spell erosion. I'm primary focus on getting my elemental defender/expert as high as I can, and focusing on the rest.

I did invested my CP points on thick skinned at the time when my toon did have vampire.... but it made no difference at all. Perhaps it's because I didn't have any points set on bastion? Anyhow my toon isn't fit for being a vampire... especially since my toon is not a Dunmer.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @raidentenshu_ESO - what benefit do you wish to gain from becoming a Werewolf?
    I have an argonian Templar tank who is a Vampire and i find it works fine,
    Edited by Johngo0036 on August 30, 2016 9:20AM
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    @raidentenshu_ESO - what benefit do you wish to gain from becoming a Werewolf?
    I have an argonian Templar tank who is a Vampire and i find it works fine,

For survival purposes. Self healing is a blessing for sure, since it essentially gives you a full health bar with each howl.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should not dismiss the abilities within the daedric skill line,
    the clanfear gives you 33% of your Max health back in one cast,

That is a lot of healing..

the issue with mixing magicka with the Stamina WW is that your damage would be bad as most skills on the werewolf tree are going to scale off of Stamina,
    also
    using an Ultimate(an Expensive ultimate) JUST for the healing from WW is just not worth it, In my opinion..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone said this earlier, and it's only accurate if you're asking for PVE group content: hybrid builds don't work.

Hybrid builds do work in PVP, if done properly. I know this because I run one. The best option to accomplish this in today's game is Pelinel's combined with some other damage-oriented set that comes in jewelry and weapons, which allows for the use of a Monster set too. These setups also work well for questing and solo adventuring, but they are not competitive for PVE group content.

For example, a stam WW hybrid might use something like 5 Pelinel's + 5 Leki's + 2 EG (which is my current hybrid setup). A magDK WW hybrid might use a Pelinel's/Sun combination. I suggest finding something that boosts your casting potential and comes in jewelery, i.e. Necropotence (if using pets, think WW Pack Leader), Infallible Aether (think heavy attacks, both with staves and as WW), etc. Rely on Dark Exchange and EG to do most of your sustaining for your, else stack SD, and if you do this for solo questing/adventuring, pick non-impen traits. If for PVP, go all impen. Again though, I emphasize that hybrid setups are not viable for veteran dungeons or trials.
    Edited by Autolycus on August 31, 2016 4:23PM