The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

vMA... A typical death [video]

SublimeSparo
SublimeSparo
✭✭✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/fuvl0l0L32s
Laugh, Cringe or Cry.
PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
4th Console vMOL clear,
vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
EU
High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • Erasure
    Erasure
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yes, right up there with the old favorite: Still poisoned after the boss on round 7 is defeated, but his death causes the curing pools to despawn.

Or maybe the excellent, get struck on round 3 with lamia attacks while the hagraven pulls you across the map, only to have your position slowly slide back, fully out of your control.

Or the ever popular, Solkyn requiring 20-200k more damage to die than his health bar implies.
    Edited by Erasure on August 31, 2016 4:09AM
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah yes. vMA... so many great memories :)

1:00 - End
    https://youtu.be/_nBuKJpzQgA

1:12 - 3:47
    https://youtu.be/_nBuKJpzQgA
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I practically have this bookmarked:

IfPHMBU.png
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • forgottengd
    forgottengd
    ✭✭✭
    They will never fix it cause vMA doable for 3-4% players only. Better give casuals one more pet or mount.
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get that this is a bit of a satirical post, but a lot of these deaths are actually player error.

While some of these are lag (you have ~250 ms in most of these, so you'd have to react much faster to expect to live), you're also dying to a few "intentional" deaths. Your first death to the DK mini boss is from Engulfing Flames' DoT, which is extremely powerful if you don't block.

Your desynced death to the Crematorial Guard is caused by the fact that these mobs often "pre-load" Jagged Claw WHILE doing Firey Breath, meaning if you don't dodge roll the second breath ends, you will get hit, but the server will read you as alive until the attack should normally go off. Not so much lag, just a desynced attack.

Necrotic Stab (Lich Crystal) cannot be dodge rolled, as it is a magic AoE. Magic dealing AoE attacks cannot be dodge rolled in this game, similar to how you died to Daedric Explosion from round 6 boss. Same with the comets on the final boss. Dodge rolling does not have updating frames, meaning the server reads your position as wherever your origin point of the dodge roll is, and will not update until you completely finish the animation. Dodge rolling out of red is *usually* a bad idea, unless you react extremely quickly with low latency.
    Edited by Gilliamtherogue on August 31, 2016 8:34AM
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think EVERYONE who has done vMA has horror stories, though I will say it is much improved from the early days of infinite HP titans and last boss.
    Edited by zerosingularity on August 31, 2016 10:34AM
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like my experience last night. Get the boss to half health, prep a straight burn, he starts screaming, hop into the shield and...

Poison under my feet.

If the adds have to protect themselves from the scream and I have to protect myself from the scream, why doesn't the summoner?!
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *** like this has turned me cold, the BS deaths.

VMA has ruined me.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Necrotic Stab (Lich Crystal) cannot be dodge rolled, as it is a magic AoE. Magic dealing AoE attacks cannot be dodge rolled in this game, similar to how you died to Daedric Explosion from round 6 boss. Same with the comets on the final boss. Dodge rolling does not have updating frames, meaning the server reads your position as wherever your origin point of the dodge roll is, and will not update until you completely finish the animation. Dodge rolling out of red is *usually* a bad idea, unless you react extremely quickly with low latency.

I know about the dodgerolling out of those attacks late, but many many times i have run/ walked out of those aoes, a clear 3-5ft and still been hit by them, same with the poison aoes in round 7, then on other occasions i have clearly been standing in the red and not been poisoned/ take damage. Don't know if it's lag/ desync or dodgy hit box detection.
    I give up with Flawless Conquerer, it should be renamed LowPing, Lucky Conquerer lol
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD