Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Get Rid of Dungeon Queue Timers!

JarlUlfric
JarlUlfric
✭✭✭✭
So I've heard many horror stories from many of my friends and guildmates about the Dungeon Group Finder and it finally happened to me today.

So here's what happened;

I'm on my level 13 Stam Sorc (Orc ftw) and I'm trying to do a quick random normal to level up so I can wear some gear that I crafted to grind up, but I digress. So I invite two of my friends to group (both were on their champion characters) then I hit the button to Queue us up and I get kicked immediately after it found the 2nd DPS! I was booted from the group because the Random Normal selected a dungeon that I couldn't select through the "specific dungeons" part of the group finder. Then! It puts me back into the group and now we have Six people in the group, and it disbands because it couldn't resolve itself.

Now I'm sitting here waiting 15 minutes because I "left a dungeon in progress." What the heck is that! Please, please fix the dungeon finder once and for all. I've been playing ESO since launch and it has not worked in the entire two years that the game has been out. And as a veteran player, I don't have many issues with finding groups but I can't imagine how difficult it must be for newer players who HAVE to use the Dungeon Finder to get a group together.

Is there any public statement from Zenimax on this? Have they acknowledged that it's still broken? What can be done to fix the dungeon finder?
True High King
Member since August 2013.
Eastmarch Trade Company | Washed Up Raiders | Order of the Bear (RIP 4.17.2015 - 5.31.2019)
EP | Björn Járnsída | Dragonknight Tank
EP | First-Rank Ansei | Stamina Nightblade
EP | Advancing Yokeda | Stamina Sorceror
EP | Immortal Yokeda | Stamina Necromancer
EP | Resilient Yokeda | Stamina Dragonknight
EP | Talvos Sari | Magicka Sorcerer
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They just need to fix the Duty Finder.
    I don't care about a 15 minute penalty, however, when it comes because of the Duty Finder messing up and not because I left a dungeon for whatever reason is when I start having a problem with it.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on August 31, 2016 4:31AM
    Argonian forever
  • Humatiel
    Humatiel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Public (visible)queue listings of players/roles, priority to those with an active pledge, and of course remove the 15 minute timer and we'll be good.
    VMA | vHRC-HM | vAA-HM | vSO-HM | vMOL-HM
    700+ CP
    GM of Luxury Raids
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sitting in the penalty box with 3 others, because one person up and quit and we can't re-queue.

15 minute timer is the absolute epitome of punishing the victim.

Worthless. Pointless. Useless.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just glitched it out and didn't get a timer for it lol. I had to log because it glitched out
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to leave in the 1 02 you gear before you zone in without penalty.

You should be able to leave if you haven't pulled a mob with out penalty.

You should have an option not to joins dungeons with bosses already cleared or in progress dungeons barring that option you should be able to leave without penalty.

If you are kicked you should not ah e a penalty.

Or simple reduce by the penalty two min in the above cases with excalators if your data says you really need them.