The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Would hair color change be so difficult?

megnin
megnin
✭✭✭
They gave us a hair style pack. That is nice. How hard would it be to let us change hair color? I was amazed to discover that little ability missing from the hair style change pack. Crap, I'd buy another "Hair Color Change Pack" just to be able to change my characters hair color.
One of my character's hair should be jet black for her RP, but the darkest a High Elf's hair can be is a medium brown. Seriously.
Another one's should be flame red, but Imperial's have no red hair.
Please let us change our characters hair color. Either in the hair style change pack or in another pack.
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Razum-dar has red hair and whiskers. I am so jealous.
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed; I'm surprised it wasn't included already.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that no one at ZoS realized how much energy ... and $$$ that ES and RP fans would pour into the game. I think they are still adjusting to it, and hair color will likely come eventually.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    megnin wrote: »
    One of my character's hair should be jet black for her RP, but the darkest a High Elf's hair can be is a medium brown.

Someone here gets me! They really get me!
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Abeille lol i feel the pain)) That's such a shame though it's still not implemented..
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • megnin
    megnin
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy if the color ranges for all of the races were more inclusive.

I'd pay for an appearance change to fix the hair color of a character, if the hair color I want was included in their set of available colors.

Why leave black and red out of nearly all of the races set of available colors?
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'd love if the hairstyle pack also would let us change color AND beards. makes no sense to pay for a full apearance change to change those 2 thingd only.
  • Cynnalia
    Cynnalia
    ✭✭✭

I'd pay for an appearance change to fix the hair color of a character, if the hair color I want was included in their set of available colors.

Black and red hair dye coming soon to a Crown Crate near you!
    NA PS4 Daggerfall Covenant Characters -- CP 755

Sulin Shadowdancer -- Redguard Nightblade -- Dragonstar Arena Champion, General Executioner, Tamriel Hero
    Ysorya Traven - Breton Sorcerer -- Monster Hunter, Master Angler, Explorer, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Tamriel Hero
    Eriah A'kiranya-- Redguard Dragon Knight, tank
    Sybilline Travadon -- Altmer Templar -- Maelstrom Arena Champion
    At-Sixes-and-Sevens -- Argonian Templar, healer
    Mercurial Malice -- Dunmer Nightblade
    Fern Gullie -- Bosmer Warden, level 45
    Ghareshi-ri - Khajiit, Necromancer, level 9
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bet you they will add a Body Marking pack, a Hair Colour pack and an Adornment pack in future releases.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos left a lot of cash sitting on the table with their current design for appearance change being an all or nothing price

It means those wanting a small change like hair color or adding a scar are left without a deal option. This would be good for the average player but it's RPers that would have regularly paid or these small changes.

The again ESO has not been one of the more friendly RP MMOs.

Zos could have made changing one slider cost maybe 1/5 of a full appearance chsnge permitting small tweaks to be made without breaking the bank.

Again, something that would have brought it a lot of the small dollar purchases and is merely lost revenue now.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cynnalia wrote: »

Black and red hair dye coming soon to a Crown Crate near you!

This would hurt me on a spiritual level.

Supernatural-Dean.gif
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They gave us a hair style pack. That is nice. How hard would it be to let us change hair color? I was amazed to discover that little ability missing from the hair style change pack. Crap, I'd buy another "Hair Color Change Pack" just to be able to change my characters hair color.
    One of my character's hair should be jet black for her RP, but the darkest a High Elf's hair can be is a medium brown. Seriously.
    Another one's should be flame red, but Imperial's have no red hair.
    Please let us change our characters hair color. Either in the hair style change pack or in another pack.

These hair colors have been asked for, requested, demanded, etc since launch. The new Skyrim is going to just rub salt in that wound since we will once again get to make an Imperial with flame red hair and an Altmer with midnight black hair. I had both in Skyrim.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos left a lot of cash sitting on the table with their current design for appearance change being an all or nothing price

It means those wanting a small change like hair color or adding a scar are left without a deal option. This would be good for the average player but it's RPers that would have regularly paid or these small changes.

The again ESO has not been one of the more friendly RP MMOs.

Zos could have made changing one slider cost maybe 1/5 of a full appearance chsnge permitting small tweaks to be made without breaking the bank.

Again, something that would have brought it a lot of the small dollar purchases and is merely lost revenue now.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I so agree. I haven't played MMOs so I don't know how common it is but in single player I keep tweaking appearance as soon as it is allowed. In the beginning just to get things right in all the lighting conditions, then to coordinate with armor or because I get tired of looking at the same adornments be they scars, tattoos, or jewelry. I'm sure there are many out there with flower remorse on their female characters.

Vive la change! Vive la difference! Vive la Flexibilité
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Moonscythe

ES 6 ETA is 2018 at the earliest, it seems. Apparently serious developement has not begun.

You shouldn't be able to play ES Legends before that but I doubt a phone game will out much of a dent into the MMO.