Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – June 26, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Viper and Velidreth

  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    manny254 wrote: »
    manny254 wrote: »
    Obviously there is problem with the combination of sets, but to claim it doesn't require sacrifice is silly. It is arguable that the damage is made up for in procs, but you loose healing when you loose damage. With NB's already low healing if you where to get hit by dawnbreaker from a min maxed player you would fall over. Especially if they are carrying a good counter to cloak.

    Trust me I think it needs to be rebalanced, but we should avoid spreading ignorance.

    Mate, I can dodge roll around 12 times in my stamina build with Vigor ticking away (only 20 points in Tumbling and around 2.4k regen). I loose nothing when I'm slotting viper, except self respect but certainly not damage or survivability.

    I literally couldn't take it anymore, stamina is so comically damn easy I raced changed to Breton from Wood Elf and I'm running magic only now until they can balance this crap out.

    If I looked at you on my magicka templar or hit you with dawnbreaker on any stamina class you would fall over. Yes stamina is strong, but being ignorant is not going to solve anything.

    Right, because I've never run across dawnbeaker while running my stamina build.

    Damage Stamblade survivability is ALL on dodge rolls, dark cloak, vigor and rally ticks and I give up none of them. To suggest you give up on survivability while running viper is frankly, just wrong. I don't.

    But I thank you for being polite with your points.
    Edited by CapuchinSeven on August 30, 2016 7:38PM
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have zero legs to stand on and THIS is what you drop to, straw man arguments.

    says who? CapuchinSeven? lol

  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    You have zero legs to stand on and THIS is what you drop to, straw man arguments.

    says who? CapuchinSeven? lol

    He said you give up survivability.
    I said you don't because survivability comes from vigor and dodge rolls.

    YOU said, and I quote - "So, according to you, viper is OP because stamina builds can dodge roll and use vigor."

    That is called a straw man. You set up your own weaker argument, not one actually being made, in order to make your weak point look strong.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    You have zero legs to stand on and THIS is what you drop to, straw man arguments.

    says who? CapuchinSeven? lol

    He said you give up survivability.
    I said you don't because survivability comes from vigor and dodge rolls.

    YOU said, and I quote - "So, according to you, viper is OP because stamina builds can dodge roll and use vigor."

    That is called a straw man. You set up your own weaker argument, not one actually being made, in order to make your weak point look strong.

    But he theorycrafted it. And in theory, a huge burst of damage from a light attack that might proc another huge burst of damage from the same light attack might just help the struggling of stamina builds to put out good damage.
    It was a little out there, but I guess the theory panned out.
    Daggerfall Covenant - Xbox One NA
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    You have zero legs to stand on and THIS is what you drop to, straw man arguments.

    says who? CapuchinSeven? lol

    He said you give up survivability.
    I said you don't because survivability comes from vigor and dodge rolls.

    YOU said, and I quote - "So, according to you, viper is OP because stamina builds can dodge roll and use vigor."

    That is called a straw man. You set up your own weaker argument, not one actually being made, in order to make your weak point look strong.

    and that is why mojican is right and you are wrong, if you only depend on dodge roll to survive, you will get rekt with undoggeable attacks (dawnbreaker, magic jabs, radiant destruction, etc, etc). And you said i lost all credibility when i said that in order to use viper you have to sacrifice other stuff (5 pieces, mediocre bonuses, bad traits or drop bis agility jewerly, etc), but 1 page and serveral comment later, you still can't explain why.

    Keep making a fool of yourself if you like, i'm done.
    Edited by ManDraKE on August 30, 2016 7:59PM
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    and that is why mojican is right and you are wrong, if you only depend on dodge roll to survive,

    I didn't say that.

    I said dodge roll, dark cloak, vigor and have just added rally.

    Again, this is called a stawman, so far every post you've made to me has been one.
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    i lost all credibility when i said that in order to use viper you have to sacrifice other stuff...

    No, what you said was - "you have to sacrafice a lot in order to slot viper, it should be worth it", not "other stuff".
    What viper makes you give up pales next to what you gain, which is more damage a magblade could ever hope for JUST by light attacking while still being able to dodge roll, heal, cloak AND all your normal stamina burst damage.
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Keep making a fool of yourself if you like, i'm done.

    OH no, you mean I won't have to sit here and point our your straw man arguments? Heavens.
    Edited by CapuchinSeven on August 30, 2016 8:12PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Velidreth:
    ENuhAa.gif
    Viper:1342460550_bitchslapping_a_cobra.gif
    I will kick everyone's butt, even my own.

    PC NA
    CP 1200+
    Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP August Palatine - Flawless Conqueror
    Falls-With-Stars - Argonian Magicka Templar - AD - Former Empress - Voice of Reason
    vMA/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR
    Dragon-in-Shadows - Argonian Magicka Nightblade - Shadow Breaker
    Eossos - Khajiit Magicka Templar
    Death-Singer - Argonian Magicka Nightblade
    Dark-Star - Khajiit Magicka Dragonknight
    Ice-Dancer - Khajiit Magicka Warden
    Tsalli-ko - Khajiit Stamina Sorcerer
    Sings-to-Starlight - Argonian Magicka Warden
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ManDraKE Viper is so balanced that nearly every stamina build is running it now. But you can always whisper me ingame (if you play Pc EU) and I can fight you two times, one time with Viper and one time without. Just tell me after which fight was easier.
Sign In or Register to comment.