The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enchanting writs tied to character level, not crafting passive

worsttankever
worsttankever
✭✭✭
Anyone else notice that after the Shadows of the Hist DLC - Enchanting daily writs are tied to your character's level, not their Crafting passive?

E.g. My lvl 50 108 champion point Templar with 8/10 Potency Improvement is being asked to turn in "Splended" Glyphs of Health - which I think require Potency Improvement 10.

Kind of frustrating - because my enchanting skill is only 35/50, and doing the enchanting dailies was helping me level it up (both from the quests and the resulting runes for deconstruction).

I've noticed this on multiple characters, even after resetting skill points.
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless something else changed, all the data I have still shows Splendid is still Potency level 8, Minimum CP70 Gear. Which means 8/10 Passive.

If it were tied to Character Level, wouldn't it ask you for CP100, Monumental Potency Level 9?

Here's a really good chart if you want some more details
    en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Enchanter_Writ
    Edited by SpAEkus on August 28, 2016 6:15PM
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else notice that after the Shadows of the Hist DLC - Enchanting daily writs are tied to your character's level, not their Crafting passive?

E.g. My lvl 50 108 champion point Templar with 8/10 Potency Improvement is being asked to turn in "Splended" Glyphs of Health - which I think require Potency Improvement 10.

Splendid glyphs are indeed based off 8/10 Potency Improvement and designed for goods for characters CP 70+. The level 10/10 Potency Improvement glyphs are "Superb" & "Truly Superb" for CP 150+ & CP 160. Both may start with an "S" but are not the same :)

Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much! The link http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Enchanter_Writ was very helpful specifically, so I can "stock up" on items needed to turn in for writ rewards!
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just FYI that the linked chart is not entirely accurate. I've been doing Enchanting writs since they started, and on different level characters. The essence rune and potency rune are NOT random. They are specific. For example, for tier 1, it's always a Jode potency rune and always an Oko potency rune. Tier 10 is always a Jehade potency rune and an Oko essence rune. Tier 9, I believe was a Denima essence rune and a Rede potency rune.

You'll soon learn what they are for each level and will only have to worry about one specific potency rune and one specific essence rune, in addition to Ta.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 30, 2016 6:34PM