The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ruby Ash and Rubedite (Are there any non-red motif options for CP160 weapons?)

Calandrae
Calandrae
✭✭✭✭
I really dislike the red colour of the max. tier weapons (CP160), made of ruby ash/rubedite. Have been using a glass staff for the longest time because so far it's the only one I have found which is not red.

Are there any other options, or do rest of the motifs end up red with CP160 materials?

Not an important issue, but I'd really prefer to be able to make actual use of all the new motifs. And as long as weapon dyeing isn't a possibility, so far it hasn't been an option. :/

• Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope.. Max lvl weapons are red.. Could be worse though :smile: in one of the other mmo's that I play, the endgame Heavy Pistol and shotgun have Playboy Pink handles..
    Edited by Daemons_Bane on August 30, 2016 8:51AM
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really dislike the red colour of the max. tier weapons (CP160), made of ruby ash/rubedite. Have been using a glass staff for the longest time because so far it's the only one I have found which is not red.

Are there any other options, or do rest of the motifs end up red with CP160 materials?

Not an important issue, but I'd really prefer to be able to make actual use of all the new motifs. And as long as weapon dyeing isn't a possibility, so far it hasn't been an option. :/

I don't think dro m'artha comes out red but that's about it.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ancient Elf weapons are a horrid shade of green more than they are red, so there's that :).

No seriously glass weapons are the only ones I've found which aren't red at max level.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea Glass is a steely bluish colour at cp160 and dro'mathra is black and dro'mathrary lol
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • Calandrae
    Calandrae
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh well. Disappointing. Thanks for the answers though! :) This seems to make most of the weapon motifs pretty useless for us that don't like red...
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I just looked up cp160 Dro'math-ra weapons and they look kind of red to me :(.

Dro-mAthra-Rubedite-Greatsword.png
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Calandrae
    Calandrae
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that looks a pretty ugly and "muddy" red.
  • FailSaucePro
    FailSaucePro
    ✭✭✭
    I think pact, covenant, dominion, and glass staves aren't red. I'm not sure about anything else though.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The alliance style weapons aren't red when you get a CP 160 agility, endurance, willpower weapon but I'm not sure if they're the same color when you craft them.

I loathe the red weapons so much that I use these alliance weapons on my characters, even if it's weaker then an alternative...I really can't stand the lipstick swords.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »
    The alliance style weapons aren't red when you get a CP 160 agility, endurance, willpower weapon but I'm not sure if they're the same color when you craft them.

I loathe the red weapons so much that I use these alliance weapons on my characters, even if it's weaker then an alternative...I really can't stand the lipstick swords.

They're red when you craft them.

Dwemer might not be red though
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC pact swords look pretty normal....
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

That's disappointing. Hopefully ZOS stops the crap and lets us dye weapons...we can dye everything else now.
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weapon dyes for a small fee of 4000 crowns anyone?
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short answer is no, no other style other than glass isn't red.

Long answer is we need weapon dyes. How much you wanna bet they'll charge for it?
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on August 30, 2016 1:15PM
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get vma weapons.
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »

That's disappointing. Hopefully ZOS stops the crap and lets us dye weapons...we can dye everything else now.

Sorry, I'm on about the DC ones. Not made EP or AD though. But I assume they are the same
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »
    Actually I just looked up cp160 Dro'math-ra weapons and they look kind of red to me :(.

Yes. Was going to say dro-mathra.
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »

Yes. Was going to say dro-mathra.
    The staff isn't red, nor is the bow.

The Soul Shriven staff isn't really red, it is a dark brown color and it looks really good, you could try that.
    Edited by NateAssassin on August 30, 2016 1:31PM
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only one I can recommend is glass. I use the glass sword because I hate red weapons, and it looks okay.... but it really irks me that I am forced to use glass just to have a fairly normal looking weapon.
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not so bad. It's like Runescape's Dragon Gear which is also red.
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance