The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP all what i wanted but...

teladoy
teladoy
✭✭✭✭✭
... I'm terrible.
Since a long time I'm doing a lot of pve to be prepared to do pvp. Finally i create for me the TBS in purple, with a half of another set, rings and etc.

I though this is not bad, is time to go in... Then happened the same it always happened to me... For example : enemy is in sight, i start to attack him, my dmg is like doing almost nothing to him... He run away...

Next example the same, enemy is in the fighting vs many of us, i attack him, my damage is like very insignificant... He is like he smell my weakness, he charge on me and delete me in 3 skill press.

I have 370 something CP, very good purple gear lvl 160 and i ca not do decent damage to an enemy that ignores me and when he spot me, rush me and kill me like a worm of ***.

Really i know you guys will say: what's your damage, whats this, what's that, we can't help you if you don't share your build, etc...

But no, i played wow for example, bgs that i loved, i never was a crazy hardcore player and even so , i never been one shot, or i wasn't able to kill anyone.

My experience in pvp is not even acceptable, i feel it very very empty of fun, i don't feel i win or i lose... I just die. Over and over i log in Cyrodiil to just run in my horse, hide, do nothing, we don't capture or defend nothing, we are being rush almost always if it is not sometimes also the in the opposite way, i don't do too much damage and then some one sees me, he use 2 or 3 skills on me and I'm dead.

Helloooooo im using all my skills and his hp is like not moving and then i die like nothing!!!!

Something is wrong with this game or maybe it's really me that im terrible terrible bad.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like you said, we can't help you if we don't know your set up. TBS is great for PvE, I don't really like it for PvP though.
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, your gear does matter. You, at the very least, want to have gold weapons, because that makes a huge difference in your dps. You also want to have at least 5 pieces of your armor in impen, because that makes a huge difference as well. I think just about everyone starts off this way and we all die a lot. What helped me was changing my gear and then latching on to groups and learning as I played. If you stick with a group, you will end up capturing and defending things all of the time. I hated PVP at first for the same reasons you seem to be suggesting, but just give it some time.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP (and PvE) in this game isn't like most other MMO's where if you get good gear you can beat people and content pretty easily. It requires a lot of skill and practice, as well as good gear.

Took me like a year to learn how to actually play and stop being a scrub in pvp and pve, now I'm hitting 30k dps frequently and can pvp on all my characters effectively (4 classes)

not tooting my own horn, just saying it can take a lot of time to git gud
    Edited by Voxicity on August 30, 2016 1:22PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PVP is much more about being able to hit hard and fast. Post your build. People may be able to help ya with gear and whatnot.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You sound like someone who never bothered to play in Blackwater Blade from level 10-49. IMO, "Since a long time I'm doing a lot of pve to be prepared to do pvp" is the worst possible way to introduce yourself to Cyrodiil.
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to my world. I've been in Cyrodiil since level 10 in February 2016, I am now CP300 and still only barely survive.

I have accepted this though, as a ranged fighter with a minimum of skill points (I hardly ever PVE or collect skyshards)
    My play style is basically support..
    I don't like melee fighting and run with a bow as my main.. so.. this is how life is.
    I think the only thing that would possibly help me now is better armour (i'm still wearing shadowhide) and possibly getting more champion points.

At some stage I will get more skill points and morph some of my skills, but that takes me away from valuable fun time in Thornblade PS4 EU (Daggerfall Covenant) so.. dont worry about it too much, try to enjoy as much as you can running with a group, reviving people, throwing down caltrops, putting up some forward camps, fixing seige weapons and walls etc etc.

Once you hit the new CP cap in maybe in 1 year you can take out your revenge on those enemies as you will be stronger (maybe) and wiser..

I think the stage you are at is called 'being put through the fire' and everyone has to do this..
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one runs tbs in pvp lol, the go to set for a stam user is hundings rage, night mothers gaze
    and the go to set for a mag user is julianos, kagrenacs.

You want to get food that gives you max health in pvp, it's needed.
    Since i'm a stam user, i use sticky pork and radish noodles (my favorite) or orzorga's triple trifle pocket.
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP has made the game even more unbalanced than ever. The best thing to do is try out the No CP Campaign Azura. There you can get used to fighting people and tweaking your build. There are so many OP sets in the game right now to try and fight someone with more CP is surely a death sentence. Your build just won't have enough damage to wear them down. You won't have the sustain that they will either.

Go to Azura and have fun. I'm at almost 580 CP and I'd rather play there than any other campaign. There it's more based on your build than how much CP you've grinded out.
    NA Server - Kildair