Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to Catch Cheaters in PVP

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Stien wrote: »
    I highly recommend shadow play.... I've gotten 14 confirmed cheaters banned by using it ..

How did you go about reporting? We've got about 4-5 names in a clip jumping walls but we're not sure if we should just report in-game or if there's a better way. Can't post the video in the forums but we could link to it.
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I highly recommend shadow play.... I've gotten 14 confirmed cheaters banned by using it ..

Not to doubt you when you have exact numbers, but how do you know? ZOS is pretty clear that they don't confirm action taken (or not taken) in response to tickets.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • Outer_Rim
    Outer_Rim
    ✭✭✭

No way you can know if people got banned but ok. Keep thinking you are doing something useful when you aren't. You probably think every player your zerg can't kill is cheating.
  • Lord-Stien
    Lord-Stien
    ✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »

Not to doubt you when you have exact numbers, but how do you know? ZOS is pretty clear that they don't confirm action taken (or not taken) in response to tickets.

to confirm ban... try and send some random mail to said person.... is account is banned mail will fail.
    Sometimes the real enemy are the one who moderate it.

BannHammer

PVP Officer

Alliance Cord

When in doubt, frag out

Heart of Daggerfall-=Iron Legion=- Founding Member

The one and only LordSteindeath
  • Lord-Stien
    Lord-Stien
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

How did you go about reporting? We've got about 4-5 names in a clip jumping walls but we're not sure if we should just report in-game or if there's a better way. Can't post the video in the forums but we could link to it.

goto the support page and fill out a ticket, upload the videos to a youtube account and make the videos unlisted...

BannHammer

PVP Officer

Alliance Cord

When in doubt, frag out

• Lord-Stien
    Lord-Stien
    ✭✭✭
    My guildies send in clips of gap closer exploiting, land sharking, someone moving at ridiculous speeds. It's not for me to say if someone is cheating. It's up to me to determine wether I think ZOS should have a look and make that call themselves.

What's Land Sharking ?

This is all Google had

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/landshark/2832305

here ya go

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/260415/land-sharking-video/p1

BannHammer

PVP Officer

Alliance Cord

When in doubt, frag out

• Outer_Rim
    Outer_Rim
    ✭✭✭

to confirm ban... try and send some random mail to said person.... is account is banned mail will fail.

That's not how it works, that person probably has you on ignore or is offline. A zerg player reporting people they find hard to kill... ok....
  • Lord-Stien
    Lord-Stien
    ✭✭✭
    in most cases yes... but try and have your friend mail them too.. you can still be mailed stuff while in offline mode.

BannHammer

PVP Officer

Alliance Cord

When in doubt, frag out

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outer_Rim wrote: »

That's not how it works, that person probably has you on ignore or is offline. A zerg player reporting people they find hard to kill... ok....

He's a little salty, this one. A fan of exploiting?
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

I'm not going to claim I know people I have recorded and reported have been banned.

But there is a very cut and paste message you get when they aren't likely to do anything.

Then there is the one that says "I would like to thank you for taking time and effort to report this behaviour from this group. Maintaining the integrity of the land is a top priority, and we will investigate this matter and take appropriate action."

"If this darkness continues to bring chaos upon your travels please feel free to send a scroll my way, I'd love to fight by your side through this!"

"
    Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online support team. My name is omitted, and I'm happy to assist you today!

I’d like to start by offering my thanks for your continued patience, and my sincerest apologies for the issue.

Thank you for reporting this exploit as it's adventurers like you that are helping us keep the community and environment a wonderful place to play!
    If you could please submit a /bug report, if you have not already, and report the exploit that you are describing.

We are investigating claims of a shuffle exploit currently.

May The Eight Divine's Guide You!"

etc.

I can tell you that in many cases I didn't see that person again or I didn't see them for... oh 72 hours or so.

I find it's best to include the character name and then (@their@name) and all participating in shenanigans. Describe the behavior that isn't normal and include any details you can provide.

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guildies send in clips of gap closer exploiting, land sharking, someone moving at ridiculous speeds. It's not for me to say if someone is cheating. It's up to me to determine wether I think ZOS should have a look and make that call themselves.

What's Land Sharking ?

This is all Google had

here ya go

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/260415/land-sharking-video/p1

I see you took some hits from fellow DC people in that thread too . Ones that claim to be the best as well . That's messed up . Thanks for trying to keep the game fair for everyone despite opposition @Lord-Stien .
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double post. Good one down below
    Edited by yodased on July 29, 2016 10:35PM
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised many are unaware of the features of video cards they paid decent money for.

If you have a decent nvidea card you have shadowplay.

You can set it to record manually or shadow (or both).

In the upper right of your geoforce expereience app you will see shadowplay. That opens the shadowplay menu in a separate window. You can adjust setting from there... you do need to turn the switch on for what setting you picked to become active.

It basically acts as a running dvr of the length and quality you have selected. You merely press the hotkey to save that length to hard drive. If you have it set to 1 minute it will be shadow recording everything in a rolling one minute block. It will only be saved when you press the hotkey to save it.

If you are recording of good quality and decent length the videos will be larger than you can send in to ZOS.

I recommend using Windows Movie maker for editing. It's free and it works fine on win 10 (even though not supported officially). You can clip the video down to show the exploits/cheats at work only from there and if it's of decent duration save it at a size that you can submit to ZOS.

Many of the cheaters get away and exploit because there deeds are not known. Recording these cheating cretins and submitting their bs is the only way of getting them their just rewards.

It's relatively trivial to save a couple of suspect incidents a night and edit them with Windows Movie Maker and submit them when you have time.

Are. Are. Are you me?

Beyond that great advice you can set up youtube integration that auto uploads recorded clips, no editing needed.

Set it to private and share the link. It's easy peasy and they go bye bye for 3 days at a time.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Lord-Stien
    Lord-Stien
    ✭✭✭

What's Land Sharking ?

This is all Google had

here ya go

I see you took some hits from fellow DC people in that thread too . Ones that claim to be the best as well . That's messed up . Thanks for trying to keep the game fair for everyone despite opposition @Lord-Stien .

funny that you mentioned that....... my fellow DC got my main account Banned. by troll reporting it over. and over .and over... untill zennie just made it perma
    Edited by Lord-Stien on July 29, 2016 11:28PM

BannHammer

PVP Officer

Alliance Cord

When in doubt, frag out

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    I'm surprised many are unaware of the features of video cards they paid decent money for.

If you have a decent nvidea card you have shadowplay.

You can set it to record manually or shadow (or both).

In the upper right of your geoforce expereience app you will see shadowplay. That opens the shadowplay menu in a separate window. You can adjust setting from there... you do need to turn the switch on for what setting you picked to become active.

It basically acts as a running dvr of the length and quality you have selected. You merely press the hotkey to save that length to hard drive. If you have it set to 1 minute it will be shadow recording everything in a rolling one minute block. It will only be saved when you press the hotkey to save it.

If you are recording of good quality and decent length the videos will be larger than you can send in to ZOS.

I recommend using Windows Movie maker for editing. It's free and it works fine on win 10 (even though not supported officially). You can clip the video down to show the exploits/cheats at work only from there and if it's of decent duration save it at a size that you can submit to ZOS.

Many of the cheaters get away and exploit because there deeds are not known. Recording these cheating cretins and submitting their bs is the only way of getting them their just rewards.

It's relatively trivial to save a couple of suspect incidents a night and edit them with Windows Movie Maker and submit them when you have time.

Are. Are. Are you me?

Beyond that great advice you can set up youtube integration that auto uploads recorded clips, no editing needed.

Set it to private and share the link. It's easy peasy and they go bye bye for 3 days at a time.

I find it easier to edit clips because I run shadowplay to save a fairly long duration, much longer than I recommended in my earlier post. I have a lot of memory, an I7 and multiple SDD drives though, so video editing isn't really too time consuming for me.

Lastly, I will record what I thought to be suspicious. Editing allows me to take a closer look at it and if I deem what occurred plausible or just really good play I do not submit it. At the speed of combat in game it's not always possible to see everything and there ARE some really good players out there, so I think I owe them the benefit of doubt to review things thoroughly.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's Land Sharking ?

This is all Google had

here ya go

funny that you mentioned that....... my fellow DC got my main account Banned. by troll reporting it over. and over .and over... untill zennie just made it perma

That's &$#%ing messed up !
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad Zos doesn't *really* ban, though. After all German is still running around and still clowning.
  • Lord-Stien
    Lord-Stien
    ✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    Too bad Zos doesn't *really* ban, though. After all German is still running around and still clowning.

i got some great videos of him tonight.....

Crap ton of (whoa that is not possible and ok i we are lagging but you can't out heal 290k incomeing dps on you ...)

Cleaning up the video and subbmitting it tonight to ZOS.

BannHammer

PVP Officer

Alliance Cord

When in doubt, frag out

• phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The land sharking you're referring to, does it look like a player is riding their mount underneath the ground? If so, this happened to me in pve, obviously a in game bug. Also witnessed the same thing happening to other players in the alliance war, players on my own side. Did they gain any advantage? No.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Lord-Stien
    Lord-Stien
    ✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »

The land sharking you're referring to, does it look like a player is riding their mount underneath the ground? If so, this happened to me in pve, obviously a in game bug. Also witnessed the same thing happening to other players in the alliance war, players on my own side. Did they gain any advantage? No.

When the player is able to attack other players while at the same time not able to be attacked then yes they did gain an advantage..

Game bug shure....

but if you use said bug to unfairly gain an advantage over others . that is win it becomes a problem.

BannHammer

PVP Officer

Alliance Cord

When in doubt, frag out

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to catch a cheater

1. Kill them 1v1
    2. Receive an hours worth of rage tells
    3. Kill them 1v1 again
    4. Receive even more bacon.

Seriously, those that cheat are the ones that rage the hardest when they get rekt, especially by me, the worst player NA according to them.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No that is just a visual bug where it looks like your on a mount riding under the textures. I'm talking about the no joke a player is underground casting abilities and not taking damage. I haven't seen that in awhile. What I have been seeing are players who seem almost godlike with health recovery/heals.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No that is just a visual bug where it looks like your on a mount riding under the textures. I'm talking about the no joke a player is underground casting abilities and not taking damage. I haven't seen that in awhile. What I have been seeing are players who seem almost godlike with health recovery/heals.

Oh. Not seen this. As for the God like players, yes...seen one myself being attacked by a large group of players. The said players health bar never wavered. I'm talking 1v20 type of scenario. Another player being hit by fire siege of a outer wall of a keep while two shot killing players on the inner wall. Whoever it was just stood their taking damage which would have killed most players.
    Three flying Templars attacking other players.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Just because you think someone is cheating doesn't mean they are.

Not our business to judge or evaluate, that's ZOS job.

• Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see this.

I'm not happy about seeing known cheaters back in Cyro, or in the game at all.

I refuse to engage with them, and it got to the point where i just logged out yesterday as the few in particular seemed to just always be at every encounter.
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Razer cortex also can record video/stream and it's free. Before starting the game in cortex click on the game and toggle the enable gamecaster overlay box. The overlay doesn't show up in the videos and it is just a small icon docked at the top left of the screen. It needs to be on to record/stream.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way it seems we will make a difference is too get knowledge to others on how to record and how to send it in. Because although I admit things have gotten better. We still got some scrubby can't play without getting an unfair advantage over others type players in cyrodil.
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the whole "unkillable sorc" joke that lasted for what...a year? I didnt even bother.

Though I will admit It was very disappointing to hear about some people using cheat engine. Though on others I was in disbelief they used CE and still were awful lol.
    MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Scrubtomik|EP |Templar|Rerolled to help outnumbered EP
    Urban Youth|DC | Nightblade|AVA RANK 15| Stam
    Not A Racist |EP|Nightblade| Magicka| Maelstrom farmer
    Triggered Liberal|DC| New maelstrom farmer lol
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

GM of Full Metal Carebears
    No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

Gone but not forgotten, Braidas, Marku, and a dozen other heroes
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing a lot of threads lately with calling peeps out in the forums (and although I would love to shame every cheating pric we can't do that peeps). [SNIP] Hope this will help some of you catch them and submit tickets/vids to ZOS so they can decide if a player was or not.

Cheers

[Edited for Bumping]
    Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on August 30, 2016 1:17PM
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seen this a few times, run across a nice tank build not a problem, until this tank build puts out tremendous amount of damage, I watched them roll dodge like for ever, they were streaming and while roll dodging during the rolls they were gaining stamina, the big problem with CE now is they can tweak it to a point that dos not trigger the auto ban detect, now lets combine that with what we know to be broken sets, you have a monster on your hands.

I know there are some good players in the game being hard to kill is one thing but being impossible to kill with 20 people beating on you is another, and it is a shame we have to talk so much about cheating in this game because of all the scumbags that think they have to cheat, cheating is bad for the overall health of a game in both pvp and pve, I wonder how many accounts ZOS has lost to players leaving over the cheating, if you want to cheat buy yourself a stand alone game and knock yourself out. :neutral:
    Edited by kevlarto_ESO on August 30, 2016 12:10PM