Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

XB1 player returning after a 6 month hiatus.

Violynne
Violynne
✭✭✭✭✭
Read the patch notes and the few items since I left last November. I've popped in from time to time, but not really played.

Started a new character, and things seem very different than I remember. So I need some help to make sure I'm not off my rocker.

- Crystal Fragments was my go-to spell with my last character, but now it seems I can't "stack" the attacks. When I press the second time during the first animation, the entire spell is stopped. Does this mean I now have to watch the entire animation before launching another attack?

- I see the enchantment system was (finally) given a major overhaul when it comes to runes, but I don't know how the glyphs work anymore. I have a stamina glyph I tried to put on armor (it's an armor glyph, not jewelry) and the glyph says the armor must be rated level 5 or higher. I'm wearing level 8, but the glyph won't apply. What changed?

- When I go into sneak mode and fire my bow, I'm automatically removed from sneak now. Can this be disabled?

- When did the Fishy Stick get added to the game? Yummy!

I think that's all I have for now. If anyone can think of other changes that has been done on XB1, feel free to add them.

This time around, I'm going for a character who's strong in magic, bow, and 2 handed. My last character had 50+ skill points unspent, so I think I can manage to take a little time buffing three skills early. :smile:

Thanks for reading and any help will be appreciated!

Have a good night. :smiley:
  • Hämähäkki
    Hämähäkki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi!
    Let's see if i can help you out a bit.
    The Frags should actually not be hard casted because the cast time is rather long. Instead you should try to use other abilities till the frags proc on your hand. But that only works if you morphed it to single target.

The glyphs have now a minimum lvl. So if you try to put a lvl 10 glyph on a lvl 6 armor you will fail.

If you attack while you are in sneak mode you will become visible. But the first shot will hit harder. And no you can not disable that. If you are a Nightblade you can cloak afterwords.

And if you are going for a new character with bow and dw you should probably go for a stamina build instead of magicka.

I hope that helps a little :)
    TherealHämähäkki
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since this post, I've deleted that character and started a new one. This time, it's a sorc with DW capabilities. The bow was okay, but I missed being in the action.

I also remembered how this game introduces lag at the starter areas/first areas. With so many players, it doesn't render as fast as higher levels, which explains the frag lag. It did take, it just the animations were cut.

I guess I never paid attention with my first build regarding sneak mode. Perhaps I should clarify to say the game is taking me out of my crouch position. I'm okay if sneak mode is cancelled after the first shot, but I didn't expect the game to force me out of crouch. Maybe too much Fallout 4. ;)

I've also been reading stuff online about character builds. It's still way over my head, as I'm not looking for some "Magical 130,000 DPS StamProcPuff w/Chimera Arms, Lizard boots..." nonsense.

I just want to make a character that's fun to play, but can hold up when I group. I know there are dedicated people out there who plan attacks with coordination, but I want to focus on the good old fashioned dungeon dwellers.

I'll get there eventually, but as now a level 10... it'll be a while. ;)

Thanks for the help!