Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Viper and Velidreth

Ragnaroek93
Ragnaroek93
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hello everyone,
is it just me, or is Viper and Velidreth over the top? I play stamina NB by myself and tested out a lot builds and no build came even close to Viper + Velidreth. To make things worse, Viper and Velidreth don't scale with Weapondamage, so I can have a lot of regen together with insane burst.
I often see people complaining about stamina builds being overpowered, but in my opinion it's more the stam sets that are the problem. My idea would be to give Viper a higher cooldown and make Velidreth a damage over time effect for 10 seconds instead of an instant burst. Heavy armor in general also looks a bit overbuffed to me, especially Black Rose, but since I don't play a heavy armor character as a main I can't say that much about it.

Greetings
I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This *** needs fixed, this game is just about chasing one broken set to the next.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Morostyle
    Morostyle
    ✭✭✭✭
    viper/velidreth/widowmaker - get rekt! ;)
  • KisoValley
    KisoValley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had a problem with Veli seeing as it hardly ever works properly in pvp. Viper is maybe over the top. As I said about black rose, people used it before, no one cried. They nerfed it, but buffed heavy armour, people are crying. Black rose isn't the problem, heavy armour is.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KisoValley wrote: »
    Never had a problem with Veli seeing as it hardly ever works properly in pvp.

You need to try it on NA, its like a Poison Ivy disco.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been using Ravagers instead of blackrose. I like it
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Morostyle wrote: »
    viper/velidreth/widowmaker - get rekt! ;)

Viper/Veli/Hunt or Clever Alchemist should also work really well xD
    KisoValley wrote: »
    Never had a problem with Veli seeing as it hardly ever works properly in pvp. Viper is maybe over the top. As I said about black rose, people used it before, no one cried. They nerfed it, but buffed heavy armour, people are crying. Black rose isn't the problem, heavy armour is.

I have to admit that it often doesn't hit anybody, but it will some times and coupled with Incap and Viper it almost instakills everyone who isn't in heavy armor or brings the opponent at least in execute range. I also use Beast Trap (another broken skill in my opinion) and that makes it more difficult for opponents to avoid Velidreth dmg.
    Also if I gank someone with the stunn out of sneak it often procs instantly and let the enemy no chance for counterplay. That's stupid gamedesign in my opinion.
    OdinForge wrote: »
    This *** needs fixed, this game is just about chasing one broken set to the next.

I agree, it is pretty sad in my opinion that Veli and Viper destroy so many funny builds because it's simply too strong to not use it.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have alot of clips ready to get edited using Viper/Veli/Eternal Hunt on stamblade. You will see how completely broken this is and should be nerfed ASAP.

EDIT; Here is a clip, no skill required, just attack and win. (this is only 29.5k stamina and 2.7k buffed weapon damage, just LOL)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI3LB6zPuGE
    Edited by Hexys on August 28, 2016 5:23PM
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The designers of this game are complete window-licking lack-wit morons.

Unsub, they won't be fired until there is some kind of financial pressure on ZOS.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No man I'm so skilled that my procs kill you. :trollface:

It's disgusting, and one of the reason why I really dislike stamina builds currently. Even since I started playing around with a stamina nightblade a bit before 1.6, and then after all the way up to current patches.

Edit: I'm fine with viper for some reason, and viper alone. But combined with veli it's just to much.
    Edited by Master_Kas on August 28, 2016 5:33PM
    EU | PC
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think Im going to try 2 velidreth + 5 viper + 5 blackrose on stam DK soon. Should be pretty silly too.
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viper's sting and Velidreth are worse than Malubeth before it was fixed.
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Malubeth still isn't fixed.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need to fix the stamina meta first.
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • BurritoESO
    BurritoESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Viper velidreth op
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry, I'm sure Wrobel will fix the meta by introducing a VD 2.0 that does double dmg to stam builds.
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup.

Can we also make it so casting snipe returns 100% of damage to the caster and shuts off their internet? K thx.
    Edited by KenaPKK on August 28, 2016 8:01PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    Yup.

Can we also make it so casting snipe returns 100% of damage to the caster and shuts off their internet? K thx.

Haha, well at least they can give it a minimum range.

Can't stop laughing when gankers spamsnipe you from within 5 meters of range. XD
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • LegendaryChef
    LegendaryChef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexys wrote: »
    I have alot of clips ready to get edited using Viper/Veli/Eternal Hunt on stamblade. You will see how completely broken this is and should be nerfed ASAP.

EDIT; Here is a clip, no skill required, just attack and win. (this is only 29.5k stamina and 2.7k buffed weapon damage, just LOL)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI3LB6zPuGE

Hahahaha I'm not even sure why but I couldn't stop laughing watching that :lol:

Don't nerf my op sets :cry:
    Zzoro/Elliot Brown/Baldy ~Kitesquad/Noricum~
    PC EU.
    Spider mount was the only good part about morrowind release.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,
    is it just me, or is Viper and Velidreth over the top? I play stamina NB by myself and tested out a lot builds and no build came even close to Viper + Velidreth. To make things worse, Viper and Velidreth don't scale with Weapondamage, so I can have a lot of regen together with insane burst.
    I often see people complaining about stamina builds being overpowered, but in my opinion it's more the stam sets that are the problem. My idea would be to give Viper a higher cooldown and make Velidreth a damage over time effect for 10 seconds instead of an instant burst. Heavy armor in general also looks a bit overbuffed to me, especially Black Rose, but since I don't play a heavy armor character as a main I can't say that much about it.

Greetings

I agree with all you say here. Velidreth and viper hitting together, specially from stealth is just ridiculous. Heavy armor (blackrose) is the new meta and its no wonder, they overbuffed it.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synozeer wrote: »

Also this.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How dare you heretics question Lord Wrobel's creations. He's the daedric lord of balance and seed spreading.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Synozeer wrote: »

Also this.

How so?
  • Force-Siphon
    Force-Siphon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina is completely over performing at the moment, I agree it has a lot to do with the sets they have access too and the lack of counter sets as compared to things that counter mag builds. If you compare Stam vs mag on every class stam is winning and it's not really close.

I want to have hope for update 12 balancing this out but it's been the trend for a long time.
    The one and only Force Siphon - PVP Sorc NA
    1 man zerg

twitch.tv/forcesiphon
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stam is king currently. The problem is players will typically play whatever is stronger, even if by a margin. That margin is pretty big right now though, needs to be addressed.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, it's comically broken. Throw in some traps and dodge rolls and boom, instant win.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, Stam has been king since 1.6. Magic damage ults and strong single target proxy det damage helped keep the gap close, but the nerf to proxy det and the changes to the Dawnbreaker line and Incapacitating strike have changed that. Arguably the buff to sprint and shield changes are also factors.

The balance issues do not only relate to sets and raw damage, but also ease of play.

When I looked at ESO's combat system during beta, I first thought, "there's no way they'll be able to balance this." But then I considered the resources that Zenimax put into developing ESO and assumed ZOS hired some math geniuses who had devised clever systems.

But obviously I was wrong. I do not think Wrobel applies any science to his work. He needs to be baking with standardized units, but instead is using pinches and dashes.
    Edited by zyk on August 28, 2016 11:58PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, it's comically broken. Throw in some traps and dodge rolls and boom, instant win.

You forgot rally + vigor.

It'd be comical if every stamblade in Cyro wasn't either running the set or farming it. No worries, I'm sure it'll be at the golden vendor next week just to be sure Wrobel's pet class gets everything their heart desires.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO:

- Viper is not OP, 5 pieces with bad traits and bad bonuses for PvP (plus is bugged cause is scaling of spell critical/penetration). You have to sacrafice a lot in order to slot viper, it should be worth.

- Velidreth is OP, 2 pieces, perfect traits and bonuses, hits harder than viper plus is an AoE.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    IMO:

- Viper is not OP, 5 pieces with bad traits and bad bonuses for PvP (plus is bugged cause is scaling of spell critical/penetration). You have to sacrafice a lot in order to slot viper, it should be worth.

- Velidreth is OP, 2 pieces, perfect traits and bonuses, hits harder than viper plus is an AoE.

What kind of drugs are you on right now, and where can I find them? You don't have to sacrifice anything to run the combo, you can have less than 30K stam and 3K buffed damage and still wreck people.
    The Age of Wrobel.