The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Novelty Motifs for Tradespeople.

carljokl
carljokl
✭✭✭
I have seen NPC'S that have chef's outfits. Is there anyone besides me who would quite like motifs to create clothing to match a character's profession. I wonder if it could go further and repurpose weapons to look like tools of the trade. I could imagine axes swapped for meat cleavers. It could be a novelty to fight with pans instead of clubs. There could be scissors instead of daggers for clothiers. Various hammers for blacksmiths and woodworkers. I think this is probably niche interest but I thought I would put it out there and see.
My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had a Chefs Outifit and other similar costumes for professions in the Crown Store until they removed them a while back.

Perhaps they come back with the Crown Store RNG Boxes
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is what it looks like

http://eso-fashion.com/chefs-outfit/

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the Blacksmith (forgot about that one)

http://eso-fashion.com/blacksmith/

And, here are the other costumes that came out, some are not currently available

http://eso-fashion.com/category/database/item-type/armor/costumes/

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as I can still PvP in my chef's costume I support the OP's idea.
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, a costume is a simpler way of achieving the same effect rather than the complexity of a new style motif. Shame these costumes are not available anymore.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it drives sales when you make something available only for a limited time. A common sales driving technique. Creating a totally artificial short supply. It doesn't help people who were not even playing when it was available.

I wonder what becomes of all the limited edition stuff in the long run. Is it ever re-released or will ZOS stick to the hardline that once it's gone it's gone?
    My Characters

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is probably going to introduce Random Drop Boxes in the Crown Store that will have an RNG chance to get Crown items, including discontinued Costumes. They are 400 Crowns each.

Note, if you have an opinion or want to discuss the Crown Boxes, do so in the thread linked below, lets not drag this one off topic:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/286094/what-do-you-think-of-crown-store-random-boxes-lottery-box

• Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    The chef + blacksmith custumes are awesome. If your character has arm tattoos and you want to show them off, blacksmith outfit is your friend. It also has a slightly badass look. If your character is a cute khajiit, go chef outfit for cuteness overload.
    Halcyon Black
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd really like to see crafting profession costumes, but it's a pity that the one I really, really want (blacksmith) wasn't released on console.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who go to war with pots and pans, or tools of the trade will make ESO look stupid. IMHO, OP's idea is a bad one.
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    People who go to war with pots and pans, or tools of the trade will make ESO look stupid. IMHO, OP's idea is a bad one.
    I agree that it could look silly if you 'went to war', but for folk who like to RP or even if you're engaged in some other in-game activities, it could offer another alternative to running around in armour. Definitely niche, I know.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who says frying pans can't be bad ass? ;)
    sam-gamgee-frying-pan-o.gif
    PC/EU DC
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a char can hold a pan (and does no damage) for RP reasons, that is fine. If a char tried to used a pan VS a greatsword or a staff -- there is the issue of silliness comes in...
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a char can hold a pan (and does no damage) for RP reasons, that is fine.

Have you ever had your hands on a cast iron frying pan? I assure you they can do damage.

Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »

Have you ever had your hands on a cast iron frying pan? I assure you they can do damage.

yes, it is called "wife argo." :*
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭

We have people in Jester costumes I see all over the place or riding lions and bears etc. Bright glowing multi-coloured armour. That is fine but this would make the game look silly? Well yes but it wasn't something I expected to see reasistically seriously adopted. I thought it might be interesting given every alt is kind of shoe horned into having to be and adventurer even if they try to be a trades person. I thought it would be an interesting take on role playing trades people.
    My Characters

• carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »

It may seem silly but I swear I saw a documentary about the demise of Richard the Lion-Heart. I believe it was about medieval medicine and I believe his demise was to gangrene. However if I remember his final opponent was using a frying pan in combat though I think he was using it to shield himself rather than offensively. I will see if I can find a reference.

I think it is actually not so unrealistic that if someone comes under attack that they would improvise with whatever they have. A trades person might have a dagger for defence. I wouldn't expect a trades person to be able to withstand a fully equipped fighter with swords and heavy armour. Trades clothes are very light armour. Even if they wore regular light armour and fought with a dagger they would still likely be beaten.
    My Characters

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nearly useless for combat purposes, but if you steal a lot sometimes you'll find ordinary clothes in dressers and such.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Richard, who had removed some of his chain mail, was wounded in the shoulder by a crossbow bolt launched from a tower by Basile, as the King laughed at the man's ingenuity in using a frying-pan as a shield. Gangrene set in and Richard asked to see his killer. He ordered that Basile be set free and awarded a sum of money. However as soon as Richard died, with his 77-year-old mother Eleanor at his side, on April 6, 1199.

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Richard_I_of_England
    Edited by carljokl on August 28, 2016 2:43PM
    My Characters

• carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    If you attack an NPC in town they tend to fight back with their fists or maybe a dagger. I would personally not find it unrealistic to have them come at me with their tools. A maul seems basically like a weaponised hammer. The battle axes are like weaponised axe tools. I bet a pickaxe could do quite a bit of damage if used as a weapon. I recall axes being dual purpose in Skyrim but I can't remember if pickaxes could be used as weapons. The Elderscrolls wiki gives the Wood cutters axe and Pickaxe a base damage implying that they can be used as weapons though they would be not as powerful as proper combat weapons.
    Edited by carljokl on August 28, 2016 1:26PM
    My Characters

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the Trades Costumes could have been awarded for free as part of a final trade skill master achievement (for completion of ALL sub-achievements) either in addition to or instead of a dye color.