The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Question to ZOS - Cosmetic preview

Edgemoor
Edgemoor
✭✭✭
Just wondering if there are any plans to allow us to preview crafted items, before we craft them? If there are, is there a timescale or rough eta?
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    eso-fashion.com

Best place for preview, but I would love to see something in game.
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would like this as well, want to know how it looks like with my current setup. :'(

The easiest way to do this is by just letting the deconstruction yield 100% of all materials consumed (no decon exp gained), if it's crafted within 5 minutes.
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Edgemoor
    Edgemoor
    ✭✭✭
    eso-fashion.com

Best place for preview, but I would love to see something in game.

Yeah use that site often, still nicer to see in game though. Especially when combining different motifs. Costs me a fortune in materials to craft dummy items to try on.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel you - I use Imperial Chest and legs - Daedric Arms, feet, and Waist - Breton Shoulders - and Bosmer (I think) Helm.

It was super tough to see it all before hand.
    Edited by Bouldercleave on August 27, 2016 1:37AM
  • Edgemoor
    Edgemoor
    ✭✭✭
    Wow wrote: »
    Would like this as well, want to know how it looks like with my current setup. :'(

The easiest way to do this is by just letting the deconstruction yield 100% of all materials consumed (no decon exp gained), if it's crafted within 5 minutes.

Yes, something like that would be great :smile: