The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

XB1 voice chat problem

JankH
JankH
Hey guys, after downloading the patch the other day the voice chat was working fine but last night I kept getting the message saying that voice chat is unavailable. I've looked at the suggested fixes but nothing has worked so far. Any suggestions as to how to fix this would be helpful. Thanks
PC EU
  • MerkzM8
    MerkzM8
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you got Comunication Banned by Xbox?
    "What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting the same too. Hoping it won't take till the next dlc to get fixed.
  • Dragondc3
    Dragondc3
    I found a fix!!! Go into xbox settings and privacy, then switch it to Adult instead of custom or whatever. This fixed my voice chat and text chat issue
  • GrimNoirKnight
    I had this problem too and found the specific issue. I have customized security settings on my Xbox because I only want to share and communicate with my "friends". To fix the problem, you need to loosen your security Xbox Live security settings.

Settings -
    All settings -
    Account -
    Privacy & online safety -
    Xbox Live privacy -
    View details & customize -
    Others can communicate with voice and text -
    Select "Everybody" (Mine was set to "Friends")

The problem with this solution is that random people, anyone on Xbox Live can start texting you. I have already received random Xbox messages from people wanting to sell me stuff. Personally I do not find this solution acceptable and home that Zenimax fixes it soon.