Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Unable to use Voice Chat or Text Chat

MerkzM8
MerkzM8
✭✭✭
I'm currently on Xbox one NA server and I cannot use the voice chat or text chat, when I open up the text chat menu to change channels it says "Voice Chat Is Unavailable. This could be due to routine server maintenance or a configuration issue."
"What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • Dragondc3
    Dragondc3
    I am having the same issue, tech support are nothing but cookie cutter, delete save, reboot wait 5 min crap!! Do you think I didnt try that before I contacted you??? I even completely uninstalled and reinstalled, took the entire night and it did nothing so dont waste your time. I get the same error for voice, i get u cannot communicate with other players when trying to mail, and I have no chat hud or any hud for that matter and its turned on as well. Someone please help because I have absolutely no way to communicate at all.
  • Dragondc3
    Dragondc3
    I found a fix!!! Go into xbox settings/privacy and change it to adult. This fixed all my chat issues
  • GrimNoirKnight
    I had this problem too and found the specific issue. I have customized security settings on my Xbox because I only want to share and communicate with my "friends". To fix the problem, you need to loosen your security Xbox Live security settings.

Settings -
    All settings -
    Account -
    Privacy & online safety -
    Xbox Live privacy -
    View details & customize -
    Others can communicate with voice and text -
    Select "Everybody" (Mine was set to "Friends")

The problem with this solution is that random people, anyone on Xbox Live can start texting you. I have already received random Xbox messages from people wanting to sell me stuff. Personally I do not find this solution acceptable and home that Zenimax fixes it soon.