Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Exclusive Gifting Offer Just For You: is that a scam attempt?

VerboseQuips
VerboseQuips
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone!

I recently recieved a mail titled 'Exclusive Gifting Offer Just For You', explaining that I could offer Crown Store items to other players.

I am worried it might be a scam attempt, because the email address that sent it does not seem to belong to ZOS : teso_help@mailmw.custhelp.com

I know @Lysette recieved the same mail, because she mentioned it in the Crown Crates opinion thread in the General discussion section.

I checked my mailbox and it is the first time I recieve a mail from this address. But the presentation looks perfectly like usual ESO mails, and the sender knows some personnal identification info, like
- the email address I use to interact with ESO
- my real-world first name
- apparently, the fact I have been playing for a long time or bought a lot of stuff from the Crown Store (their first sentence is "We appreciate the time and effort you've put into The Elder Scrolls Online").

Could someone official, like @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom or whoever is in charge of Crown Store offers, have a look at this and confirm whether it is a true offer from ZOS or a scam attempt? If it is legitimate, then I am sorry for the annoyance, but if it doesn't come from you, it might be a good idea to warn the community about this... :/

Have a very nice day!
My characters:
Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is a legit address - the domain is owned by Oracle and it seems to be a customer service support site. But it would still be good to get this confirmed by ZOS, that these are legit offers originating from ZOS.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom posted this in the general forum:

Hi folks,

This email is legitimate and related to a gifting program we're working on. We've sent it to only a small number of our players to start so we can get feedback and refine the program. If you're interested in helping us, please submit a Support ticket and we'll get you on the list!
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It may very well be legitimate offer and scam attempt at the same time. Obviously ZOS has crunched data on spending habits and determined which players are whales and will now focus on them with their tricks to make them spend even more.
    But if you dump your possesions to your guild's bank and bail out ouf the game immediately, you may still evade whalers with your VISA relatively unscathed!!!
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

Hi folks,

This email is legitimate and related to a gifting program we're working on. We've sent it to only a small number of our players to start so we can get feedback and refine the program. If you're interested in helping us, please submit a Support ticket and we'll get you on the list!

Thanks! I guess I worry too easily. :smile:
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

Hi folks,

Thanks! I guess I worry too easily. :smile:

It's always a good idea to be overly cautious when it comes to things like this. There are so many scams out there, and many emails I've seen even look fairly authentic. Better safe than sorry!