Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alchemy - Why don't we have CP160 potions

Jimboo84
Jimboo84
✭✭✭
Today I noticed after so long playing ESO, we don't have CP160 level potions.
Is there a specific reason for this? If so, why?
Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because they now scale to CP160.

All potions now scale up to the player, as long as they are in the original range of the potion. For example, an L10 potion will scale up to L19 with the player. But to get L20 you have to make that tier of potion.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Because they now scale to CP160.

All potions now scale up to the player, as long as they are in the original range of the potion. For example, an L10 potion will scale up to L19 with the player. But to get L20 you have to make that tier of potion.

Agree, I follow you in this.
    But, this question raised because when you compare it for example to Woodworking, and you create a Destro Staff. It's directly stated CP160. In this way I thought I was something missing in Alchemy as its "cap" is CP150 noted when you craft it..
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it use to be that if you made a Vet 10 potion, it would be Vet 10 level all the way to Vet15 or for a while, Vet16. So, it's better now that they scale in the range.

The tool tip on the completed potion tells you the scaling range. However your still using a CP150 Solvent to make the potion, so that is why it says CP150 potions. The Solvents don't scale, only the completed product does.

BTW, its the same now for Foods and Drinks.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Well, it use to be that if you made a Vet 10 potion, it would be Vet 10 level all the way to Vet15 or for a while, Vet16. So, it's better now that they scale in the range.

The tool tip on the completed potion tells you the scaling range. However your still using a CP150 Solvent to make the potion, so that is why it says CP150 potions. The Solvents don't scale, only the completed product does.

BTW, its the same now for Foods and Drinks.

I noticed the same for Foods & Drinks yeah.
    Thx for the info :smile: