The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Prerequisites to survive in Craglorin

carljokl
carljokl
✭✭✭
My crafting writ level has started having me make deliveries to Craglorn. Through this I ended up with Woodworking and Blacksmithing surveys. I ventured out to harvest the surveys.

I noted the enemies were lower level than I was. I am CP 130 and the ones I saw were CP 110. Still if attacked I am killed off typically in a matter of seconds. I know Craglorn is focused on group questing. I had been there before by group invite and explored just a little but gave up (I had just reached champion ranks).

I am assuming then that the whole of Craglorn works like a giant group dungeon and isn't designed to be survivable solo.
Are the enemies outside the dungeon scaled or fixed? If a level 50 player can access Craglorn I would assume their survival would be even more hopeless, unless there is some scaling involved.

How many people at what kind of level are required to make the zone reasonably survivable?
Is it ever survivable for a single player or will the difficulty keep scaling to match my player?

I did see the odd player who seemed to be on their own in Craglorn. I don't know if like me they are trying to get around avoiding any mobs in order to survive.
There are certainly rich rewards there (I ended up finding my first Fortified Necrux) but that might be negated by the cost of repairing my gear if I keep dying when I get too close to any mobs.
My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade

Best Answer

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crag is very easy to do mostly soloable, and with the upcoming new changes - it shall be changed to be even more soloable.

Sounds like you have to tweak your build:P
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Answer ✓
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    It may be. My character is a sorcerer but is wearing heavy armour. The trouble I have is the enemies in Craglorn take down my health so fast I can't heal fast enough to survive. They also seem to be in clusters meaning I always seem to be attacked by a group rather than fighting 1 to 1.

At least I know then that it isn't normal to die so easily so I can focus on better equipping my character. It is a shame that my level is above any of my crafter's ability to create gear. This character himself has had a lot of points put into crafting but that in itself might not account for taking so much damage so quickly.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade