Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does the Looking for Group tool work?

AzucarSalado
AzucarSalado
✭✭
Or do players just no use it? In that case, are players using an alternative add-on? I remind using an add-on when the game launched.

Hi,
I have returned to the game the last 3-4 weekends. With queues of 4-6 hours, I have only matched a group 2 times. One, at 3 in the morning and the other for a group which was disbanding in the last boss. I did not have so much trouble to match a group when the game launched. I tried both normal and veteran (cp100-140) dungeons.
Regards,

Best Answers

• wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The tool has some problems at the moment. It works on and off for me, usually it works the best outside of "prime time" for your server. I tend to get groups in a couple minutes if I try late at night but normal afternoon / evening hours I will sit in the queue indefinitely.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Answer ✓
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    LFG is a crapshoot. Sometimes it works just fine and sometimes you can sit in a queue for hours and not get a group. The last week it has been actually working for me. It does depend on what role you select when you queue though. Queuing as a tank will usually get you a group much faster than queuing as a dps, that is if the groupfinder is working at the moment. Time also depends on whether you choose random dungeon or specific dungeon. Choosing random dungeon is usually quicker than choosing a specific dungeon. If you are trying to do pledges, it is usually better to shout out in zone chat, that's what most experienced players do. I agree with above poster, it tends to work better on non-primetime hours. I can usually find a group pretty quick in early afternoon weekdays, but rarely on weekends. Even with it's eccentricities overall the LFG tool works better now than it did 1 year ago.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
    Answer ✓
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    For quite some time I thought that people didn't use it. Even though it didn't work IMO, I keep trying to use it.
    Better then spamming the Zone chat constantly.

Sometimes I've a group after 2 seconds, sometimes 5 minutes, and worse after more then a hour.
    Depend on which time in the day you use it, and which role I guess.

Now in many countries it's vacation, so it will be less populated.

Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
    Answer ✓
  • AzucarSalado
    AzucarSalado
    ✭✭
    Thank you all. I have now a better picture of how it is working.

Just for information, I was queuing mainly as dd because I do not know the dungeons, although I prefer tanking. I tried also tank in normal mode but I did not get better results.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all. I have now a better picture of how it is working.

Just for information, I was queuing mainly as dd because I do not know the dungeons, although I prefer tanking. I tried also tank in normal mode but I did not get better results.

You can always use text chat now seems to group you much faster than group finder, although I still do queue in activity finder until I have a full group.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes. I mean, yeah, kind of. But not really. If you're lucky, and only just around the time where something else comes up. Or not at all. Or sometimes.

#workingasintended
  • Travy_2Hype
    Travy_2Hype
    ✭✭✭
    Depending on your role it can be difficult to find groups using the activity finder. Damage Roles tend to have a really high queue time; whereas, Tanks and Healers tend you find groups rather quickly. When I run pledges with a buddy of mine, we rotate accounts making sure that we never end up queuing with two damage dealers on the same team, and whoever is not the damage dealer is that one to queue for the dungeon. Doing that we typically get instant 4-man groups. If it's not instant, it's typically no longer than 2 minutes.
    X-Box: EU

Orc Stamina DragonKnight - Tank
    Altmer Magicka Templar - DPS
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - DPS