The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

how to trigger main quest?

tinyelf666
tinyelf666
Soul Shriven
So I made a new Breton daggerfall convenant character tonight. I'm currently a level 7 and I still haven't been visited by the prophet. (I skipped the tutorial.) after doing research I saw that previously there was a bug where the prophet didn't appear if you skipped past the tutorial, but when I find the harborage will he still be there and the main quest be able to continue the way it's supposed to?

EDIT: I guess whatever bug there may have been in the past has been addressed and fixed because as soon as I got to glenumbra the prophet appeared. I had just assumed he would appear right away as he did with my bosmer character in AD.
Edited by tinyelf666 on June 24, 2016 10:16AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he only appears in your main Zone 1 - not the starter island. I might be wrong - but since the change to starting in starter island that might explain it @tinyelf666 ?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Traveling to any wayshrine triggers him, he came to see me in Hews Bane yesterday!
  • Alina_Scarbridge
    Alina_Scarbridge
    ✭✭✭
    You can try going into a city in the first main area, not starter island. That's where he came to me on my new Dunmer, I was like, "Oh yeah, Hey long time no see, old man!"
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    He only appeared to me when is be near the Daggerfall wayshrine
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to rezone to trigger him, like if you are high enough level to qualify for two quests and you finish one, rezone to get him to trigger.

I also think you have to go into or out of a city gate to see him. At least that is where he always appeared for me when I took my last character through the MQ (at CP160, that was interesting)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"