Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nearly 160 champ

thirteenwolf1120
Hey guys just about to hit 160 champ and I'm told it's when I should hit up dungeons. when can I do vet dungeons? I'm a dps build Templar. And do I get my gear crafted or should I seek in dungeons. Thanks guys
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a lot to answer there. Dungeons you can do anytime really on normal, it scales to your group leader OR if you use the random dungeon finder everyone is scaled up to 160 anyway.

Vet's are a step up ideally you want to have your build sorted and play with a Cohesive group. You can play randoms.but id advise a known group / mates / a guild as they can be quite heavy and sometimes.pros want to speed run them and know.all.the ins and outs etc and you may not.

Gear, you have done well to get to CP160 without crafted gear! It's alot better and you get set Bonsues etc crafted allows you to pick exactly what bonuses you want, say crit damage or max magika or spell damage. Dropped sets do have some.cool 5th piece traits and often include jewerrlly so in effect you can run two lots of 5 piece sets. Jewellery sets are key too.

Good thing is gear top level is CP160 so anything you get now will scale to that. I.e. If you get cool gear lower levels you meee to get it again after 160 foe the full gain.

Hope that helps, what platform are you on?

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a chicken and egg thing. You need Crafted Sets to get you through the Vet Dungeons to get the Dungeon drop gear. Even then, you will more than likely sport a mix of Dropped and Crafted.

Also, unless you happen to be sitting on a 1000 mats, don't be in a rush to make CP160 Armor, just make CP150 Armor. Weapons, you do want those at CP160.

You could have hit up dungeons at L10 in the leveling zones. I would do a bunch of those before even trying to do the Vet Versions. Problem is, regular group dungeons are easy enough that you can learn bad habits cuz the dungeons are not going to slap you too much for making mistakes. I would find a good guild and run some dungeons with them to learn the good habits.

However, here are a few pointers:

1. Don't stand in Red, dodge or move out of red as soon as you can.
    2. Listen to the other group members who have done the place
    3. Just because others are around does not mean they will keep you alive, they just will help you to stay alive.
    4. If there is a Tank in the group, let them draw aggo on the Boss or Adds as the case may be, don't go rushing in if your a DPS.
    5. Make the Healers job easier by mitigating damage you take.
    6. Listen to the other group members.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• thirteenwolf1120
    Oh awesome so much info right here, I'm on pc. N/A. I stopped playing for a long time, some people crafted me nights mother set for exp gain. But it's 110 lol. As with the scaling that's what I've heard best to b 160 just to get full power of an item, good to know about random as opposed to specific dungeon. And are there like raids and such out? Bigger than 4 man ones?

My build is dps harvester build Templar. He's dual wild and bow. Is this efficient in any way? Or should I change?

Thanks heaps guys Muchly appreciated
  • Travy_2Hype
    Travy_2Hype
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's easier to just be 160+ when running dungeons, especially Vet dungeons. Although you stats get skilled a bit for being under 160, your armor and weapons remain the same. As a few others noted, doing a dungeon is less about being a certain level as it is having the right gear and a good set up. As you're learning the dungeons it's best to learn from others whenever you can, some dungeons are slash and dash where as a few others have special mechanics that need to be understood.

When I say right gear and good set up - as a DPS you want to max out your damage as much as possible with a decent recovery on whatever stat you're using the most. If you're using magicka based skills you want to max your spell damage out as much as possible; if you're using stamina based skills you want to max out your weapon damage as much as possible. Not to mention, find the skills you feel most comfortable with and make sure you have your skill bars set up by what feels right to you. As a templar you definitely want to have a self heal skill on a bar some where. As stated earlier, just because you have a healer doesn't mean you'll always get healed.

Yes, there are bigger dungeons out there. For ESO they go by 'Trials' and are 12-man dungeons. Mostly found in Craglorn.

Templar build is a good one to use. Bow isn't a bad idea, though as far as maximizing you're DPS you'll want to stick mostly with your duel wield. I'd suggest swapping to duel wield swords if you haven't already and using the duel wield passive that increases your damage if you're using duel wield swords. Definitely keep the Bow on back bar or have it close, there are a few dungeons where it's best to have long range attacks.
    X-Box: EU

Orc Stamina DragonKnight - Tank
    Altmer Magicka Templar - DPS
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - DPS