Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What to do with purple gear?

watts320
watts320
✭✭✭
I have alot of purple gear and weapons which some are bound and some aint. What am I to do with them, just deconstruct them or sell them to a merchant? I wanna make most of them If I can. but ive tried selling them in a guild trader, but non have gone.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are they set pieces from good sets? Maybe you can use or sell them.

Not set pieces? Decon trash.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    Deconstruct them if you don't want them. Sell the mats on a trader for a small chunk of gold. Much more gold then just selling them to a merchant. I don't know what console your on, but on Xbox Na, grain solvents go for 1k and elegant lining goes around for 800.
  • watts320
    watts320
    ✭✭✭
    its just stuff from boss drops. Some are set pieces, but not major ones. Ill decontruct and sell the mats, thats a good idea.
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nearly all the purple drops I get while levelling get deconned. About the only thing I use are early level blue and purple jewellery pieces until I get to a level where I can wear the cool set jewellery that I have stashed in my bank.

Much the same applied on my first character - I wore set jewellery as soon as I could find/buy it and set armour as soon as I could buy/craft it.
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    Check a trader in one of the main hubs and you should see which sets are getting sold, also bear in mind the trait will make a massive difference. Decon any you aren't going to sell on a trader as the mats should be worth more than the npc's would give you for the gear.
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • Travy_2Hype
    Travy_2Hype
    ✭✭✭
    If it's not part of a set, it most likely won't sell. I'd suggest just deconstructing it and how for Purple improvements.
    If they are part of a set and max level then there is a chance that it will sell. I say max level because so items max at 120, 140, and majority at 160. But typically sell if its part of a good set, even if it's a bad set I still throw it in the guild store for around 1-2k.
    X-Box: EU

Orc Stamina DragonKnight - Tank
    Altmer Magicka Templar - DPS
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - DPS