Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

High Elf DK Healer?

xAGiiL3
xAGiiL3
think it Can work
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually almost everything can work. Better or worser
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • xAGiiL3
    xAGiiL3
    @jeedrzej really? people told me its awful
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can work just fine. Personally, I don't think there's a really good replacement for a templar with repentance and shards. Those components are key in any harder trials content. You can do it without them, but why. That being said, most trials have room for 2 healers. Having one templar + one other makes perfect sense to me. I'm gearing my DK healer with Combat Physician as his main set and possibly Gossamer or 4pc Transmutation + 2pc Bogdan. Some mix of that combined with a templar healer (SPC + worm) gives some nice synergy to the group.

For nearly all content in this game, I'll take a good player with a horrible build over a "good build" run by a bad player. Basically, it's the player that will lead you to success more than what the player is running with.
  • xAGiiL3
    xAGiiL3
    @redspecter23 thanks for the insight But thanks to Zos launcher i got this game 9 days ago and my launcher Been Broke since fixed it this morning Can i see ur Dk healer Build and ur ability/Skills?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing as high elf, DK. Resto main, destro secondary. My preferred gear setup is 3 Transmutation jewelry with magicka recovery. Transmutation on the staves. 2pc Bogdan helm and shoulder with 5 pc Combat Physician. I focus on spam heals and number of heals vs the size of those heals. More heals = more procs of Combat Physician and Bogdan. Every Bogdan proc is essentially 5 seconds of near immortality to those in the radius for PVE situations.

Resto Bar
    Illustrious Healing
    Mutagen (4 man content) or Quick Siphon (trials)
    Combat Prayer
    Igneous Shield
    Healing Ward

Destro Bar
    Elemental Drain
    Engulfing Flames
    Igneous Weapons
    Bone Shield
    Energy Orb

Bone shield isn't as stam intensive as it might be on other builds as I can recover the stam cost by just refreshing Igneous Shield/Weapons. Energy Orb is an insane number of heals to allow for more procs of combat physician and bogdan in trials situations. Engulfing Flames is a nice debuff along with elemental drain. Quick Siphon, again, is a lot of heal procs per second to maximixe my sets. I'm sure this setup isn't 100% ideal and I'm still tweaking it, but it works for now. Champion points are fairly standard for a healer except with a larger emphasis on bastion due to the large number of shields use in the build.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have been saying DK healers are garbage since... well, always. It is, in fact, totally contingent upon who is healing, and not which class is being used to heal. I've been healing on my DK since Lower Craglorn was released (the first content release post-launch). My first ever clear of vDSA was on a DK healer, and an Argonian nonetheless. So don't let them bash your class; they don't know what they're talking about. They probably just had a bad run with someone who didn't know what they were doing well enough.

5pc SPC, 5pc Gossamer, Master's Resto staff
    Alternatives to Gossamer: Infallible Aether, Worm Cult
    Craftable Alternatives until you can get SPC (which is the most important): Julianos, Kagrenac's, or Twice Born.
    A strong alternative setup is 5pc SPC, 1 Kena, 2/3 Torugs (if running DW swords on off-bar), and 3 Willpower.
    Note: If you intend to heal a trial, it is best to do resto/resto or resto/destro and forego dps skills. The destro would allow you to use Elemental Drain, but Force Siphon is very good too, and can help maintain SPC.

Bar 1: Combat Prayer, Igneous Shield, Healing Springs, Healing Ward, Inner Light, Shooting Star
    Bar 2: Mutagen/Rapid Regen, Siphon Spirit, Healing Springs, Cauterize, Inner Light, Aggressive Horn

If your tank is not a DK, run Igneous Weapons for your group in place of Force Siphon or Cauterize.
    Mostly for dungeons, but also in some trial scenarios, you can trade Force Siphon or Cauterize for Energy Orb too.
    Combat Prayer and Igneous Shield must be used regularly to maintain Minor Brutality and Minor Berserk for your group.
    Force Siphon is essential for your magicka-users. If you're doing a dungeon with 2 stam dps, trade it for something else.

Dungeons afford more flexibility for damage-dealing. In this case, keep Bar 1 the same, but change Bar 2:
    Burning Embers, Engulfing Flames, Lava Whip, Cauterize, Inner Light, Aggresive Horn.

It does appear that you are relatively new, and as such may not have access to a lot of CP yet. Apologies if I am mistaken, and if you'd like I can provide some CP suggestions too.
    Edited by Autolycus on August 9, 2016 8:11PM
  • xAGiiL3
    xAGiiL3
    @Autolycus i took the other 1 (Combat prayers other1)

also how do i get Cauterize and the horn one? and im only lvl 18 im running twilight embrace set when i get to 20 is that ok?
    Edited by xAGiiL3 on August 11, 2016 12:36PM
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cauterize is a morph of Inferno, and it's the last skill in the Ardent Flame tree. It will be some time before you unlock it, if you're level 18 currently. Often times these "final" skills in the class trees are not unlock until 30-45, depending on how often you have it slotted.

Aggressive Horn is a morph of War Horn, which is an Alliance War Assault skill. It's relatively easy to unlock, but takes a pretty good chunk of time to level up.

These recommendations are more endgame focused, however. They will most definitely help your group in dungeons, but if you are solo/duo questing it's really unnecessary.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masters resto is almost a must have for mDK healers.
  • xAGiiL3
    xAGiiL3
    @Autolycus add me in game same ign on here
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xAGiiL3 wrote: »
    @Autolycus add me in game same ign on here

On PC? I will try to add you when I get home tonight.
  • jarradarab
    jarradarab
    ✭✭✭
    When i used to play on ps4 i had a DK healer. DK have a few nice skills to protect your group and if you can protect your group that means less healing. Its was very effective in dungeons. I would not use it in trials however. But saying that, now i play on PC i main a Temp Healer and it is just ez mode. If you can't heal as a templar then you suck.