The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Add-Ons don't work

TheToxicJoe
TheToxicJoe
Soul Shriven
hello, I used to use Minion before in order to put in addons to the game.
recently my computer ran into a problem with the hard drive that had the windows in it so I bought a new SSD one. I put the game in another HDD drive.
I downloaded the Minion client and it found the game instantly, so I went into the search and put back all of the mods I had, however when I open my character there are no mods at all in the addon tab.
I already checked and the path is: C:\Users\yossi\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns (this is my local username I think)
and the addons TXT file is inside the folder of the addon itself (since I've heard that was a problem) example: C:\Users\yossi\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns\SkyShards ----> SkyShards.txt

now those files are installed in C but my game is installed in F, does that have anything to do with it? since I remember that when I did the same thing it worked just fine.
I am using windows 10 and I already tried to install Minion in F (didn't work) and then C (also didn't work).

the F hard drive already had the game before I connected it to this pc but I deleted the game and then did a clean installation to it already so I don't think that's the problem

thanks for the help!
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well even if the game is located on your F: drive, it should use the game's settings and folders located in your active Documents folder, which should be the "C:/users/yossi/Documents" folder.

Check that Minion actually installs to the C: drives' "Documents" folder and not to a"Documents" folder on the F: drive.

Highlight the game in Minion i.e. "Elder Scrolls Online" and click on "Options" on the menu bar. There you can see if the path to the game's settings and documents folders is on the C: drive or the F: drive under "Game AddOn folder path".

What does the AddOnSettings.txt contain, that's in the "C:\Users\yossi\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu" folder?

The add ons didn't happen to get installed in a "C:\Users\yossi\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live" folder, if you have one?
    Edited by Idinuse on August 22, 2016 3:34AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • TheToxicJoe
    TheToxicJoe
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for your answer,

this is the path that Minion has: C:\Users\yossi\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns

there are no AddOnSettings.txt in the liveeu folder.. should there be one? this is all I have there: 1acaecc2ccfd8941a8266237ac9991b0.png

what I meant by what I wrote is that in each addon the text file is in the right place that people said it should be when installed.

and no, I only have the liveeu folder.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should also see the following, going by my own folder.

Errors
    Logs
    Saved Variables
    Screenshots
    AddonSettings.txt
    ShaderCache.cooked
    Usersetting.txt

Manually installing the addon's might be the way to go.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • TheToxicJoe
    TheToxicJoe
    Soul Shriven
    phairdon wrote: »
    You should also see the following, going by my own folder.

Errors
    Logs
    Saved Variables
    Screenshots
    AddonSettings.txt
    ShaderCache.cooked
    Usersetting.txt

Manually installing the addon's might be the way to go.

okay so I don't know why, but Minion or the game actually never installed those files in my documents, however I saw many people said that they just passed it from their OneDrive thing in Windows 10 when they installed it, so I checked it there and guess what? all of my addon's files (the ones that you've showed me) were in there! I feel so dumb and happy at the same time haha.

thanks for the help, I don't think I would've realized that without you telling me I am missing files.
  • TheToxicJoe
    TheToxicJoe
    Soul Shriven
    yeah okay, so the game takes the files from the OneDrive folder, and all I needed to do is repath minion to OneDrive, just wanted to make that clear :)
    Edited by TheToxicJoe on August 23, 2016 12:02AM