Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shadow of the Hist=Sorc Armor Tips?

ronin_blades
Hello people, I just restarted playing after some downtime, and I see a new DLC came out, I just finished the dark brotherhood (I enjoyed it) but I looked at some of the new sets they released
Silks of the Sun, Syrabane's Grip, Vestments of the Warlock, Robes of Destruction Mastery, Necropotence, AMBERPLASM!,

Just a quick look at a place that lists them I seen all those could be useable for a Sorc DPS, but anyone have any advise on these, or go with a set from a previous DLC?

My armor is just pulled together drops currently, Im going to go make a set once I get some tips, but my jewelery is 2 rings of willpower and 1 necklace of willpower, all 3 with the + magicika bonus on them

Are those still awesome?
  • ronin_blades
    * Additional note: My goal is to be able to do the arena's and heroic dungeons, not so much WvW or PvP
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't really checked out any of the new sets with regards to theory crafting, there are people on the forum who have and I hope they chime in, for my education too. But I ran vMA yesterday for the first time since DB and my old setup (it's not really mine) is still good. It's just 5x julianos, 3x willpower and 3 magnus (4 on DW bar). The only change I made was an infused destro with SD enchant which really helps, and I put hardened ward on my front bar. I don't have undaunted mettle and yet still managed to hit 44.5k magicka (with bound aegis and inner light) and 3333 spell damage on DW bar, buffed but without SD enchant proc. With the enchant proc it's about 3800. With this kind of damage and the extra 30cp mobs just melt.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on August 22, 2016 12:07AM
    PC | EU
  • ronin_blades
    I haven't really checked out any of the new sets with regards to theory crafting, there are people on the forum who have and I hope they chime in, for my education too. But I ran vMA yesterday for the first time since DB and my old setup (it's not really mine) is still good. It's just 5x julianos, 3x willpower and 3 magnus (4 on DW bar). The only change I made was an infused destro with SD enchant which really helps, and I put hardened ward on my front bar. I don't have undaunted mettle and yet still managed to hit 44.5k magicka (with bound aegis and inner light) and 3333 spell damage on DW bar, buffed but without SD enchant proc. With the enchant proc it's about 3800. With this kind of damage and the extra 30cp mobs just melt.

Law of Julianos, yeah that was my main choice, but reading the others had me like ... "ohhh this sounds good too..." so many choices so little time.
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're just looking to play casually and clear vma then you can make use of a bunch of different setups (willpower still works fine). Elegance is a good set to look into for overload spam, Necropotence is good for going the max magicka pet/s route, but it may be harder/more expensive to get bis pieces of these. In that case, as @FriedEggSandwich mentioned, you'll be able to get through maelstrom just fine with julianos.
    For what it's worth, I personally am going to pass on both the sun set and warlock.
  • ronin_blades
    If you're just looking to play casually and clear vma then you can make use of a bunch of different setups (willpower still works fine). Elegance is a good set to look into for overload spam, Necropotence is good for going the max magicka pet/s route, but it may be harder/more expensive to get bis pieces of these. In that case, as @FriedEggSandwich mentioned, you'll be able to get through maelstrom just fine with julianos.
    For what it's worth, I personally am going to pass on both the sun set and warlock.

I think LoJ, is the way im going to go, now just gatta figure out what Traits to use inside of it....
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭

I think LoJ, is the way im going to go, now just gatta figure out what Traits to use inside of it....

I'd suggest infused/divines, or just all divines.