The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So each campaign has an emperor?

komodozermike
komodozermike
✭✭
Hi, I'm new to ESO and have yet to enter a campaign or play PVP.

Just for clarification, each campaign has 1 emperor, or is there only one emperor crowned at any given time on a server?

Also, what is the difference between campaigns and an Alliance War? Aren't they the same thing?

Best Answer

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much.

Each campaign has it's own scoreboard, leaderboard, buffs, population caps and scoring rules. They don't affect each other. If you are #1 on the leaderboard when your faction takes all the 6 inner ring keeps, you become emperor. You lose emperor when other factions have taken all 6 of those keeps back. Imperial City is part of the campaigns, but nothing there affects scoring even though you can PVP there and earn AP.

You choose a campaign as your "home" -- which makes you eligible for the leaderboards, and a "guest" campaign where you can play and earn AP and affect the war, but not be on the leaderboards. You can switch campaigns by paying a large AP penalty or at the end of the campaign.
    Answer ✓
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is run on the megaserver system so there aren't servers that players select to play. Instead for PvP, you select a home campaign and a guest campaign to play. You can think of a campaign as another term for server.

There can only be one emperor at a time in each campaign though there are times when a campaign won't have an emperor at all.

There is no real Alliance War, what happens in one campaign doesn't affect the score or outcome of another campaign. Although if one alliance is getting beaten badly in one campaign, some of those players might choose to leave their campaign to try a different one where they might not feel so outnumbered.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• komodozermike
    komodozermike
    ✭✭
    Thanks Grunim. So I'm on server PS4 NA.

Does this mean that theoretically there can be multiple emperors crowned in my PS4 NA universe, in each individual campaign?

when I said server, that is what I meant. PS4 NA, PC EU, Xbox NA, etc....
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, each campaign can have its own emperor.

But campaigns don't always have emperors.
  • komodozermike
    komodozermike
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Yes, each campaign can have its own emperor.

But campaigns don't always have emperors.

Thanks for this. So is "Alliance Wars" just a blanket term for everything going on in the campaigns, or is it something else entirely?

Tried searching the answer on Google, and it's not very clear.
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    'alliance war' is basically a thematic name for the sport of cyrodiil pvp.

blackwater is the best place to learn or chill out, on pc trueflame is the competetive campaign on both EU and NA. azura is for ppl that have low cp and want to pvp or learn pvp without making a new char and for those that like the resource management challenge while wearing op gear. the other pvp servers r generally buff campaigns for pve in cyro/imperial city or for emperor farming.

the alliance wars only effect in outside of cyro pve is the skills you get from gaining alliance points. in the competetive campaigns there are ppl that take it seriously and there is certainly a war going on to be the dominant alliance and get some nice rewards when the campaign resets.