Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New player help

Illuzion0216
Illuzion0216
✭✭
Just came back recently and only Lv.44, slowly getting up to 50. Am playing a stam NB. As I'm new which means I do not have a lot of resources ( No dlc bought yet ). So the main question is what set should I aim for when I hit 50? I don't even wanna begin thinking about multiple sets yet, as I currently wanna go for 1 set for pve first ( I like exploring slowly, don't think completed 15% of the whole world yet ) So what do you vets suggest?

And also, those of you vets who were once new how did you guys managed in the start when you hit 50? Is crafting hard? I'm deconstructing as much as I can now. And about gold, does it get better at 50? And will I have enough skill points for most of the skills? Sorry for asking so many Qs :s:s
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skill points will not bea problem you will have plenty as long as you do the quest lines and hunt the skyshards.
    Crafting isn't to bad your doing the right thing by deconing items enchanting is the only one that's a pain to finish
    Golds a little better try getting in a guild that has a trader selling mats and set pieces can make you some coin
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hundings Rage is the cannon and foundation of stam types. It's craftable, which makes it easy to acquire. It's a 6-trait set, meaning that it takes a person who has spent a least a few weeks researching traits and leveling up crafting to make. Let's call it intermediate crafters.

Unfortunately, the set alone will not give you much in terms of max stamina and stamina recovery. The set gives weapon critical (x2), max stamina, and weapon damage. It will occupy 5 of your equipment slots, leaving 3-4 potential slots for an alternative set.

This is where there's more disagreement on the best.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Illuzion0216 - I would go for 5 Hundings Rage and 3/4 Night Silence/Night mother,

If you are on PC EU drop me a mail @Johngo0036 and i will craft it for you.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Illuzion0216
    Illuzion0216
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply guys! Much Appreciated!
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I use 5 pieces of Hunding's rage and 4 pieces of Kvatch Gladiator and find for normal PvE stuff it works great.

With decent food and self buffing passives, I have over 85% Critical with right at 3250 weapon damage, and over 30k Stamina - 19k Health. I can survive very well.

If you are on PC / NA Hit me up @GravenDeadeye and I can make you almost anything you need.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, along with the Hundings Rage, there are 3 sets to pair with it for the 3/4 pieces Night Mother, Night Silence or Ashen Grip depending on if you want more damage or criticals. Once you get your Criticals over 60%, going higher does not offer that much more benefit as your going to crit most hits anyway, so increased damage might be better.

For Jewlery, the Agility set is good. Robust is going to be expensive, but the Healthy rings are cheaper and can be just as effective until can afford or find Robust Agility.
    Edited by Nestor on August 18, 2016 8:56PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DPG76
    DPG76
    ✭✭✭
    Hunding;s rage in any way and try to take some time to pvp as well , grant you sp , gear and a good stam based ability to use to heal yourself (vigor) and maybe the best AoE ability caltrops . pretty easy to get
    for skill points is skyshards don't even mind those few missions granting you a skill point that are required for the achievement
    do all the dollmen and ankers you come around for the fighters guild skills and try to get enough lorebooks (i know this one is really assbreaking) for mages guild ability

you'll be emperor once
  • Illuzion0216
    Illuzion0216
    ✭✭
    I read on wiki that Hunding Rage needs to research 6 traits before I can craft. Does it mean 6 traits for each piece of med armor?

@Bouldercleave Thanks a lot! I'm on PC/NA too! I will try to hit 50 first :smile: Currently doing the Coldharbour quest that needs to save that king and this king. Am 47 now! My char name is Ashen Falls or Fall ( I just forgot :neutral: )
  • Illuzion0216
    Illuzion0216
    ✭✭
    One question, what's a good dungeon for a fresh 50 NB? And I have 11k hp/17k stam is that normal? Please help :s:s
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I read on wiki that Hunding Rage needs to research 6 traits before I can craft. Does it mean 6 traits for each piece of med armor?

@Bouldercleave Thanks a lot! I'm on PC/NA too! I will try to hit 50 first :smile: Currently doing the Coldharbour quest that needs to save that king and this king. Am 47 now! My char name is Ashen Falls or Fall ( I just forgot :neutral: )

I can craft you anything that you need up to 7 traits. I have not bothered with the 8 trait Nirn stuff as it is just too pricey to complete for little return.

When you are ready for it, just send me an in game mail to @gravendeadeye and we'll get you all set up.
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    I read on wiki that Hunding Rage needs to research 6 traits before I can craft. Does it mean 6 traits for each piece of med armor? -snip-

Yes it does. You need to have 6 traits researched on each individual weapon or armour item that you wish to craft - it's a pain in the proverbial and takes forever but is WELL worth it in the long run...
  • Illuzion0216
    Illuzion0216
    ✭✭
    @Elephant42 Thanks for the heads up. Just figured it out when I traveled to one of the crafting stations.

@Bouldercleave I'm not sure how the in game mail works, but I think I succeeded in sending you a mail (not sure how it works though)
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Elephant42 Thanks for the heads up. Just figured it out when I traveled to one of the crafting stations.

@Bouldercleave I'm not sure how the in game mail works, but I think I succeeded in sending you a mail (not sure how it works though)

I'm off work in about an hour and I'll check it.