Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help me die less often? (Solo Khajiit NB)

Muma
Muma
✭✭
Let me start off by saying I don't have a lot of experience with MMOs. This is the only one I've been able to make any real progress in. I am not a social person and so I've been doing most of this game solo. I haven't had a lot of trouble progressing but recently I've been dying much more often than I think I should. I can't handle being mobbed, 3+ enemies will kill me fairly quickly (especially when I can't fight back because they haven't loaded in completely), as will certain boss-level enemies like minotaurs and harvesters.

My character is a Khajiit Nightblade, lv 41

Magicka 15, Health 21, Stamina 15

Dual Wield main and Restoration backup (which I started using more recently so the skill is only at 15 or so)
I've read that a Restoration backup makes for better survival, not sure if I'm not skilled enough or just not using it correctly.

Medium armor with heavy helmet, pauldrons and girdle. Haven't been using sets, not sure which is best for me.
Admittedly I've been using the heavy armor for mostly aesthetics. I don't like the looks of most light and medium helmets very much and I currently only have access to racial armor styles.
~I MONSTERS~

@Muma-Kitty
Ma'Ranji- Khajiit Nightblade

I'm quiet, don't expect a lot of conversation.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    • Pick magicka or stamina, I recommend stamina for a Khajiit. Respec so almost all of your points are in stamina, maybe a little in health to help you feel less squishy.
    • If you can, make or have someone make you set armor. Hundings rage & night mother are good for CatBlade.
    • Lose the resto staff and get a two-hander. Level it up until you get Momentum / Rally, that will be a much better heal for a stamina build.
    • If you can hack it in Cyrodiil go in there and earn AP until you unlock Vigor, it's the best heal available for stamina builds.
    • If a fight goes wrong cloak out of there until the situation favors you again.
    • Remember to buff up before a fight. Again, momentum from the two-hand skill line or power extraction from siphoning along with relentless focus from the assassination line.
    • Suprise attack from the shadow line hits like a truck, use it or rapid strikes from dual wield for single target.
    • Steel tornado from dual wield will mow down packs of mobs.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You only want healing ward from resto staff and don't spam it , it gives big heal after shield . Put crippling grasp on for cc to keep enemies away . Use sap essence to grab health from mobs . Light armor gives better spell ability but less protection and when tanking you want lots of magica to drain opponents . Hope you get better as Khajiit NB magika can work but needs lots of practice . Edit to add , Merciless resolve helps with making damage .

Also put more points in Majic , health is fine around 20k stamina not needed but you can put a point or two if you like . You have too much in health so not enough magic . Dark cloak to get away .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on August 19, 2016 4:34PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, in addition to above, Nightblades are all about Burst Openers. So, Be in Stealth, hopefully behind the mob, and launch a surprise attack, with a Hidden Blade follow up. That mob should be dead. Then you go after the next mob. You can either repeat the sequence for the next mob, but you won't get the Stealth Critical modifier more than likely or just wail on them.

Nightblades are all about positioning and attacking when you can make the most of it. Move around, use Cloak if you need to to break aggro. Remember, being Mobile, Agile and Hostile is key to combat, more so for Night Blades.

Learn to use the Crowd Control skills to handle the mobs. Got too many Mobs, use Fear to drive some away so you can take out the ones still in front of you. Your path commands can snare some mobs slowing them down until you can get position or take them out. Shades can draw aggro on other mobs leaving you free to concentrate on the mobs in front of you.

While the 2H suggestion for Rally is good, I would suggest perhaps a Bow for ranged attacks to soften up the mobs. But, that is if you can pick up Vigor from PvP. While there, get Caltrops too. You can follow a Zerg around if you don't want to get all up close and personal in PvP. Remember, you just there to unlock a couple of skills. Heck, use the Restro Staff and heal during a Keep Defense, you can hide behind a wall and spam healing spells and gain what you need to unlock those skills.
    Edited by Nestor on August 19, 2016 4:35PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Arthalion1
    Arthalion1
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick note, you get quite a major boost by using 5 items which are all medium, light or heavy, so using 4 medium and 3 heavy is a bad idea. I would recommend 7 medium.