Maintenance for the week of August 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – August 26

Any tips on getting my latency lower than 999+ ??

amirgelman
amirgelman
✭✭✭
Hey all,
Having this trouble and I can't believe everybody are having this latency because it's unplayable for me.
The game seems to be like 40% okay and another 60 with 700+....

Searched all around for tips but none were helpful.

Can anyone Tell me of something they did that actually lowered down the latency??
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we can only offer possibilities.

It's likely your internet connection which could be an issue at several points.

If using wifi the interference could be an issue.

If using cables then the cables could be bad.

Your local internet quality of bandwidth could be limited. This is especially true if your internet is via the cable company. They may need to add boosters to the area.

The path to the game server may be young through some bad switches, usually this is temporary.

If you live in a different country than the game server the distance traveled may be an issue. There are subscription services that can improve the path of this is the case.
  • Zerok
    Zerok
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know it will sound dumb but...

Have you tried to restart your router and modem? :/

When I get ping issues, doing this usually solves my problem.
    Zeerok (the sneaky ruffian) - LV50 Bosmer stamblade DPS (AD)
    Gontrand de Bourbon (the greedy aristocrat) - LV50 Breton magsorc tank (DC)
    Augustus Aquilarios (the imperial claimant) - LV50 Imperial stamDK PvP (EP)
    Zeerokk (the AD zealot) - LV50 Altmer magblade PvP (AD)
    Lianna Storm (the inferno maiden) - LV50 Dunmer magDK DPS (EP)
    Fights-With-Khajiit (the gullible faithful) - LV5 Argonian templar (EP)
    Miner'va (the skooma addict) - LV3 Khajiit sorcerer (AD) - chaotic neutral
    Siggy Thorvaldsson (the charismatic baroness) - LV50 Nord stamwarden tank (DC)
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    google_tisp.jpg

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @amirgelman

This may help if you're abroad I like I was I used the AWS by Amazon and connected to the U.S server from Japan and the result was lower latency. Do note that it's free for 1 year but you will receive bills afterwards and it's not that expensive depending on how long you play. Example I played an average of 6 hours per day each month and was charged like 10$.

Wired connections are pro and if you live in a complex it'll be more difficult to sustain a higher latency due to interference so that could be an issue too.

Try finding a different network channel to reduce latency.

Upgrading a router to a smart broadband router can also reduce latency as well.

Upgrading internet (obviously) helps too but can be expensive especially if you live in the states that Google Fiber isn't present in.

The best option for you is to get a router that offer 5GHZ option especially if you're using the computer and not going too far out or behind walls,etc so the signal remains strong. 5GHZ isn't used by a lot of people as only certain routers offer it + it's the strongest connection you can get but is weaker if you're trying to play your PC from upstairs and the router is located downstairs behind a series of walls.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Samuel_Bantien
    Samuel_Bantien
    ✭✭✭
    Q1. Is the wire coming out the back of the computer plugged in?

Q2. Is your computer on?

Q3. If Q1. and Q2. are yes then;
    ZoS tickets state you should try rebooting your router.

If you answered no to Q1. and Q2. then;
    Repeat step 1 and 2.
    Zaxon
    PC NA
    Ebonheart:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Suedoú
    Magicka Nightblade: Suedou
    Magicka Sorcerer: Suedoe
  • amirgelman
    amirgelman
    ✭✭✭
    hey guys,
    thanks a lot for all your input.

i think i should've given more info.

first of all - although my PC is not routed directly to the main modem - i do have a mini-modem that is connected via cable to that main modem - giving me "kinda" direct connection to it (it's not WiFi that's for sure).

i have a 100mb speed and both my ISP and infrastructure are updated to that speed (not sure how things work in your countries but we have 2 companies - one is the ISP and the other is the infrastructure).

i could swear that while playing instant games like Doom 2016 multiplayer and Overwatch the ping was really good... but now after testing pingtest.net it shows 115ms ping with a B* line quality. (and for some reason - unable to test packet loss).

so... does this mean my ISP is crappy? its late at night so i'll call them tomorrow if so.

thanks!
    Edited by amirgelman on August 19, 2016 8:24PM
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @amirgelman that mini modem... is that a router you are referring too ? Also how many devices do you have on your home network and how many of those are gaming computers the packet loss has me wondering a few things. a lot of ISP tech support is kinda lax so they may try and feed you alot of BS so i would be interested in finding out some more information about your HOME network setup
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't play from the international space station
    End the tedious inventory management game.