Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Modding/Add-ons?

HazyDayz
HazyDayz
Soul Shriven
Hello to whomever views this,

I've searched the forums and various online websites and other forums, etc. On this question I've been wondering about modding/adding add-ons; specifically to-do with 'Nexus Mod Manager' is it allowed to mod/add add-ons to the game without getting in trouble or risk being banned for hacking, etc.

Thank you for taking your time out of your day to view this and I hope that you can help me resolve my problem!

Thank you,
@HazyDayz
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hello and welcome!

Pretty much all of us on PC use addons of one form or another, they will not get you banned for the most part. You have to follow the Terms of Service, so no automated bots or anything.

We don't really use Nexus around here, most of us use Minion which has the largest and most up-to-date selection of addons. We have a forum dedicated to talking about addons, as well as many threads detailing the most popular addons used by players.

Note that when we talk about addons we mean the little LUA scripts that you can add to the game. Third-party programs that modify ESO's memory or muck around with the network communication are explicitly disallowed, so stick to using Minion and you should be safe.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Kraynic
    Kraynic
    ✭✭
    Minion is associated with the following site, but you can install your addons manually if you wish.

ESOUI
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just as a heads-up, there is a significant difference between "skyrim mods" and "ESO addons" in scope and effect. Trying to "mod" ESO in a similar way as Skyrim will get you flagged on all kinds of game internal hack detectors and may cause actions for ToS violations. Be very sure you understand what addons in ESO are supposed to do and the extent of modification acceptable.
    Edited by Leandor on August 18, 2016 2:40PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most Addons are such that they gather information for you (that you could gather yourself if you wanted to spend the time) like Master Merchant polls Guild Sales information for you. Some automate client side activities to an extent, like the Multi Craft mod that allows you to make say 10 potions with one click rather than 10 clicks. Or, they tell you how long your buffs are up or the amount of damage you are doing or are receiving or blocking etc.

Basically, you are modding the User Interface, not the game itself.

You can't add content, or items, to the game, nor can you change the balance or coding of the game.

As stated above, if the addon comes from ESOUI.com or you get it through Minion which pulls from ESOUI, then you are safe. Note, some addons can trigger a bunch of messages and the game might kick you for spamming. This is rare, and most addon authors make things so that this is not an issue. But, do be aware of it. If you get kicked for spamming, 99 times out of 100, you can just log back in and go on and not worry about it. Again, this is rare and I have not been kicked for this for more than a year.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• HazyDayz
    HazyDayz
    Soul Shriven
    Okay!

Thank you all for helping me out!