Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it possible to make a magicka templar build that works for PVE and PVP?

jenpwns
jenpwns
Soul Shriven
I have limited time and want to be able to enjoy all of the content with my one character. Is it possible to make a build that works well for both PVE and PVP, specifically for a magicka templar?

I'm considering using this build: http://deltiasgaming.com/2016/08/07/eso-magplar-pvp-build/

I like that it seems to have a lot of survivability and would hopefully allow me to solo / two-man content. I'd probably craft the gear with a trait other than impenetrable (maybe divines or infused) since impenetrable isn't helpful for PVE. I'm just concerned that running a build primarily meant for PVP would make me worthless in PVE. Any ideas on how to make a build that works well for everything?
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a saying that goes something like this "if something does everything it does nothing". Gear setup from this vid would be rly good for both casual pvp and pve, but skill setup is something that you should rly change between PvE and PvP as it costs you nothing and makes rly big difference. For PvE i use as much as i can dot aoes like elemental blockade, reflective light and sucha, then i cover this with puncturing sweeps. For most content its more than enough.
    Edited by Mayrael on August 19, 2016 9:27AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Restro Staff - Skills

1) Channeled Focus
    2) BoL
    3) Radiant Oppression