Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Alchemy Writs

drathanne
drathanne
Soul Shriven
Is there a reason that you have to find 3 nirnroot for every alchemy writ, over the past week I just noticed this, I do the daily almost every day and I finally ran out of nirnroot last week.
Since then I noticed every writ wants nirnroot, so I have to go farm more every day.
Its not that I mind nirnroot being on the writ, I just wish something else would be on it sometimes.

Maybe this is not a big deal but it sure is a pain to have to farm nirnroot just to do daily writ.
Anyway, just my 2 cents on the matter.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be the lower level writs asked for other flowers, and only top end writs asked for Nirn, all the time. I think for me, it is about 40% Solvent/60% Nirnroot for writs, and I do at least 3 a day.

I do have an area in the game that has a good amount of Nirnroot nodes, I leave an Alt I am not doing much with camped there and log in at least once a day, sometimes more often. He keeps my crafters in Nirnroot, and I am even gaining on the resource. Other characters I will take to that area as I travel around if I think about it.

Doing this, even with the Writs each day, I went from 80 something Nirnroots to 430 Plus in the past couple of months.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have ESO+ or Orsinium @drathanne? I find Nirnroot all over in the world where there is water, but Wrothgar have plenty of theses as long you listen to the special sound that they make.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am about to stop doing Alchemy writs as the rewards are not worthwhile once you have more ingredients and reagents than you need. There are no great rewards in the containers, so unless you are selling what you harvest from the surveys there is no great benefit beyond this point.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have several toons that do lower alchemy tiers and they aren't asked for Nirnroot. Usually the "ravage" writs ask for solvents. Also, I noticed have received some Nirnroot in my upper tier Alchemy Vessels.
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps